Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

confused

I had positive opks on 14th and 15th - cd12 and 13 with the smiley faces, i have tested everyday since and had negative opks. But this morning i used fmu and got another positive opk. I know they say you shouldnt use fmu unless it for the clearblue advance ( mine was an ic this morning), but i thought that was just because the hormone surge didnt happen till later in the day. I am now confused. Why would it be positive again, do you think i didnt ovulate before? I am now on cd20. Should i just dismiss this morning opk, try test again later in day? In theory i should be about 5dpo, but i may now not be! ANy thoughts please would be really appreciated as im now panicing! Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

OPK can detect the pregnancy hormone. It happened with me, an OV test showed positive 7 days after the last one I did and I was pregnant. Could well mean you are pregnant and that the test is picking it up. Good luck! Xx
  • Options
    I had this too. I have PCOS so am very irregular, and had the exact same scenario as you have described. Apparently sometimes your body tries to ovulate so your levels rise enough to be detected on an opk but your body does not successfully ovulate so tries again in a week a two and manages it successfully. This was true in my case as two weeks after my so called second ovulation I got my monthly. I guess it depends if you are irregular or not. Hope this helps xxxx