Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying to conceive after miscarriage at 5 weeks

Hi,this is my first time posting on here. A few days ago I suffered a miscarriage at 5 weeks. This was my first pregnancy, my husband and I had been trying for about 5 months (fyi, im 31). I have had numerous people tell me that miscarriage is common, and at this stage I have a very good chance of having a successful pregnancy in the future. im just after a bit of advice or would like to hear about other peoples experience with falling pregnant after a miscarriage. I guess my first question is how soon can we start trying? Seeing as this was my first pregnancy, I cant help but feel anxious now about any future pregnancies. 

Replies

• Options

Hi Tassiedevil, so sorry for your loss! I had a mc 2 weeks ago and I didn't realise just how common it is! (went for 12 week scan and no hb was found and only measured 7 weeks) I was advised to have medical management (tablets) rather than surgery and after a few days of bleeding and painful cramps everything passed and the bleeding stopped after about a week.

I keep reading allsorts of different opinions of when to try again but I went to the docs on fri and she said just wait til all the bleeding has stopped. I've also done a pg test earlier than told and it has come back neg which means my hcg levels have now dropped.

Me and dh have dtd twice since so what will be will be!!

Like you I feel very anxious about another pregnancy and it happening again but all we can do is keep our fc and hope that this awful experience was just a blip and all will be perfect next time!!

good luck xx