Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Agnus Castus

Hi everyone, me and my oh are planning to start ttc next year. I was on Mercilon for 3 years then Cerezatte for 4 months. I came off Cerezatte to regulate myself and be ready for next year. Well I stopped taking the pill in feb and have had no af. I have been taking AC for a week. How quickly did your af return once you had started taking it. TIA x

Replies

• Options

Hi Pinkstar2, I'm in exactly the same position as you! Came off cerazette beginning of may and still no period, has been 5 weeks :-\ have had all sorts of symptoms but no bleeding! So then read about AC so have been taking that for 5 days and today I have quite strong period pains so I'm not sure if something may arrive!!! 

We are ttc too and it is getting really frustrating not knowing what is going on with my body! 

• Options

Glad I read this. Came off the pill in April had a withdrawl bleed and then had af 2.5 weeks later then nothing now. Been charting too and I know ive not ovulated. Bit worried as I was pregnantlast time within 6 weeks of stopping the pill but unless those little eggs start realsing im in for a long wait! x

• Options

Hi,

When I took AC I had already gotten periods back but not convinced I was ovulating.  My cycles were quite variable in length and usually long.

So I took it mainly to help me settle down and get regular ovulation.  I took it for 3 months before ttc and then stopped.  We got pregnant that month.

I felt that the AC regulated my moods and kept me more on an even keel.  My cycles began to run like clockwork although they settled at 35 days long.  It made it easier to know when to bd that first month.

I should say we didn't ttc until 6 months after stopping the pill but I really believe the AC helped.  I think though a medical professional would say to wait 6 months ideally for your cycle to expect to be settled and they say wait 3 months minimum so you getit out your system, can take the folic acid and would then be able to date your pregnancy better and also know when to bd.

Good luck!

• Options

Hi there everyone, 

So nice to hear from others image I am still yet to get a period but I am taking vitamins and AC religiously to see if they help at all...fingers crossed as I am so fed up with waiting for af to arrive! I have an appointment with the doctors tomorrow so will ask their advice also, and let you all know the outcome. But as you've said tuliprose we have to expect a while for our bodies to get back to normal, I'm just quite annoyed that none of this info was given to me when the nurse put me on cerazette 5 Years ago! 

• Options

Car1981, it's like reading my own story! I wasn't told any of this 5 years ago either, and now TTC, nothing is happening; bleeding, yes, but no ovulation. They told me it would boost my fertility when I came off it and that a return to normal cycles would be very quick. 6 months on now TTC ...I have PCOS as well though. Wanting to go to doc to ask for help to ovulate - it's a genuine fertility issue rather than just giving my body time or being unlucky with timing. 

And to think we all spent so long trying to avoid pregnancy! 

• Options

In fact, my new nurse said I didn't need to come off Cerazette until the month we wanted to start trying - this was November 2012 when we had our initial new patient consultation, when we asked if I'd need to come off it earlier to establish cycles/AF again. Argh!