Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

dentist injections safe / unsure if pregnant?

Hi ladies, I have been having trouble with a filling for the last couple days, finally fell out this morning, got emergency appointment, but was wondering if it is safe to have the injections they give ?? thanks x x

Replies

• Options

I'm not sure you know, as i guess it will enter your blood stream and is an anaesthetic. I got told I shouldn't even have strepsils really as they have an anaesthetic effect. I would definitely check with dentist I'm not sure I'd want to have one if im honest but u never know they might have something suitable. Toothache is horrendous x

• Options

That's what I thought too, didn't need to worry anyway as it turns out, just had a temporary paste put in for now, wasn't toothache , have had trouble with a front tooth since I was 16 - A long time ago image , had it filled but has fallen out several times , gona get a crown fitted-finally , , I am the same , don't even take paracetemol just in case, af not arrived yet but bfn again today ,  sure she's on her way but keeping fingers tightly crossed that she stays away, hope your pregnancy is going well so far, have you seen your midwife yet ? exciting isn't it x x

• Options

I'm seeing her on weds, can't wait as been bleeding on and off for weeks but had a loop diathermy last jan so think that may have something to do with it. Just waiting for my first scan can't wait. Fingers crossed for ur bfp and glad u got ur tooth sorted xx

• Options

It's such a worry isn't it , have my fingers crossed for you that all is well , would you need to have a stitch then ( sorry please excuse my ignorance , have heard of a loop diathermy but not exactly sure what it entails  ) anything in that area is always sensitive though isn't it , I bled with ds and he's now a teenager & taller than me , so isn't always a bad sign but very worrying all the same. do you have a date for your first scan yet ? no af yet ,will test again tomorrow ,cd 26 today , usually 26/27 so thought would hwve had a pos by now if was , but had bfp 11dpo last time & that ended in mmc so not going too much by that , hope your bleeding eases off soon ,good luck for Weds x x  

• Options

I might need one I think they will monitor the length of my cervix and see how it goes. Most of it was removed though so I only have a lil stump now lol! Keep us posted on your testing, I domt have a date yet but imagine it'll be the end of July so not too long to wait x