Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A NEWBIE!

Hi all,

I am new to this site and would just like to share where I'm at with the ttc!  I am 27 and had been on the pill for over 10 years and my monthly's used to come every 28 days while taking the pill.  Me and my partner decided to start trying for a family so I stopped the pill in April time.  Since coming off the pill my last 3 monthly's have come every 35 days.  It is only this month and last month that we seriously started with ttc.

So this month I started my monthly on the 11th July and finished on the 16th July.  I then had a bit of spotting around the 22nd for 2 days which I originally thought was maybe due to ovulating and then realised this was too early as my fertile week started yesterday (28th) if my calculations are right.  Today I now have what I would describe as period pains but I am obviously not due on till the 15th August if I am going to be 35 days like the last 3 months so could this cramping be due to ovulation?

Thanks

Angela x

Replies

• Options

Hello and welcome image I'm new, too, and finding this site rather addictive...

Have to say I'm massively jealous... I came off the pill in Feb and cycles still not back to normal yet! From what I've read, ovulation 'stuff' can start to happen from about day 11-18, depending on length of your cycle, so it sounds like it could be image I used to get ovulation pains like clockwork before my last bout of taking the pill, usually about 17 days before the appearance of AF (worse than period pains, my OV pains were). 

Have you read Taking Charge of your Fertility? I must sound like a broken record on here, but honestly, it's like the Bible to the body's baby-making equipment! It goes through each stage of the month/cycle and really helped me understand what my body was doing/not doing. I bought it from Amazon for about £12 (and read it in a day...)

Good luck image

• Options

^^^ In addition to above, it has to be said I had no idea that my pains were due to ovulation when I got them!! It was 6 years ago before I knew anything about any of this fertility malarky image

• Options

Hi WooH,

Thanks for your reply!  I am exactly the same....I didn't realise just how much science was involved in the baby making process until I started reading about it and it's a scary thought that you only get a few days really each month in order to suceed.  The time just passes by with it been a monthly time frame where you can test.

I shall definitely have a look at that book!!

I must admit that I've never really noticed any aches or pains previously other than what I thought were period pains as they usually came around that time so I don't know if I'm just noticing more because it's something I'm keeping an eye out for.

Well me and my OH have been doing the every other day rule this month so keep everything crossed although I won't know until the 16th August as I'm due on the 15th.

Good luck to you too and hope your body starts to regulate itself very soon

Angela xx