Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First Pre-Natal appointment

Hi everyone! I'm wondering how many weeks along you were before you had your first prenatal appointment. I've heard it should be the earliest 7weeks. What do you ladies recommend?

Replies

• Options

I went to the gp at 5 weeks and had my booking appointment with midwife at 10 weeks. Gp sorts all appointments out so make an appointment with your doc whenever your ready! image

• Options
    Iv got mine tomoz at 5 weeks and 3 days I think it depends on your situation x
  • Options

Thank you! Are you ladies in the UK? I wonder if 5 weeks is just common over there.  I mean, I totally thought 7 or 8 weeks was late for me to wait to see my doctor, but she said it's because an ultra sounds generally can't detect a heart beat before that time. image I totally wish I could go at 5 or 6, because I'm dying over here waiting!!! LOL

• Options

I didn't get in with my first till 8 weeks and my 2nd till 9 weeks. It does depend on ur situation over here in the uk also ur location as all doctors run different practices. I'm supposed to b a high risk pregnancy but only seen a midwife 3 times and had a couple of extra hospital appointments x

• Options

My first official scan wasnt untill i was just over 12 weeks, although i paid to have a private viability one earlier than that. X