Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Looking for advice

Hi ladies, very new to this site (like 10 minutes lol) been reading through some threads and decided to give it a go.... So, I stopped my loestrin 30 pill in second week I think it was and had a heavier and more painful bleed than usual, was this my withdrawal bleed or a normal period? I just felt it was strange for this bleed to be different from my usual ones and how did my body know it was different to just having my pill free week. As I don't know what kind of bleed this was then I don't know when I am going to be ovulating :/ All so very confusing and frustrating. Could someone shed some light in any way? 

Replies

• Options

if it was within 10 days of stopping the pill then usually this is your withdrawal bleed, and you could wait to try until after you get your first proper period. Generally doctors prefer you to do this so that they can better date a pregnancy.

However, it's up to you. Nothing to stop you going for it now.

Some advice though, we TTC for 4 months before our BFP, the first 3 months I tracked ovulation and when was a good week and when wasn't etc and nothing. It just caused me stress. The month we conceived we literally DTD twice. Sometimes stress can be a big factor so just try to chill out and do it when you fancy it, rather than tracking ovulation like a madwoman like I did! x

Good luck!