Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

would like some advice

I would love to have another baby do you think I am irresponsible for wanting to have baby number thanks in advance 

Replies

• Options

I'm not 100% what you mean, as your post didn't appear complete (read it back!), but I'll give it a go.

It depends on your situation. I work with lots of parents who wanted another child, knowing they couldn't afford it and knowing they struggled organising the family they already had, and it's had a horrible effect upon the children that already exist, which I think is remarkably unfair.  If you can't give enough time to them, your housing situation is unsuitable and can't be changed, or you'll be putting yourself in financial trouble because you won't be able to support them, then maybe it is irresponsible at this time. As you'll know, being a parent is about being able to give the time to your kids and to be able to provide for them.  If you're going to be put into serious monetary problems or if your current children are going to suffer by the arrival of a new child, perhaps it's not the best option. Could a new baby be held off for a few years, if there are issues now?

If you can afford another child, it's not going to negatively affect your family, you can provide for them financially and emotionally, then why not?  

You just need to separate head and heart - it'd be great to always go with your heart but when tiny humans are involved, the head plays a huge part, too. If you've any doubts, why not hold off?

Wishing you luck with whatever you decide!