Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Negative or positive?

I'm 5 days late for my period, I've been having headaches, nausea, lower abdominal pressure, and I keep having to pee. I took two test, one had a faint line and the other was a digital and said not pregnant. I'm going to wait another week to see what happens. Does it sound like I may be pregnant or is it something else?

Replies

• Options
    Even a faint line is pregnant, the digital tests are no good in early pregnancy because you will get not pregnant until at least a week late. The first response are best because they pick up very early readings. I would say your pregnant alright. Can you stick a picture up?
  • Options

As said above even a faint line would be a positive, I think the digital ones aren't always accurate. Give it a wee bit more time and do another, failing that go to your GP for clarification.

• Options

Hi Amber,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in but i have had exactly the same thing as you.
    Although i am irregular so for me it's hard to know when i'm due and when to test which drives me mad!

With my first i didn't know until 10 weeks but recently i have been having symptoms like itchy nipple, itchy tummy, gooey CM, lower back pain, weird taste in mouth like metal or iron, nauseous etc.

Saturday i did a Sainsbury own test and it was negative. Sunday i did the other from the packet and i got a very faint line (see pics). To clarify i went and got a digital CB one and said not pregnant. Now i am so confused, am i aren't i? Was the faint line an error? When shall i test? Am i going mad?!?

Can anyone shed any light or maybe tell me whether or not i'm imagining things in my head? When shall i re-test?!

• Options

This is the negative with the faint pos.
    I just don't understand why it would go from very faint to digital one saying not pregnant?!

• Options
    The digitals require more hcg to be present to pick up a pregnancy. I waited till my af was due before even trying one because they are soo expensive. Congratulations on yr positive test. If u want reassurance test in a day or so and leave the digital for at least 48 hrs so yr hcg can double. (I would wait 3days if retrying a digital personally) x
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, but for some reason am feeling a lot less hopeful especially hearing Sainsbury has given false positives.

Also seems like the itchy nipple and nausea seems to have gone down which isn't right is it if anything it should be getting stronger. I think I'll just leave it and not re test, really hate that sudden feeling of disappointment. I'll just put that very faint line down to system error.

• Options
    You've definitely got a positive noodles. The digital ones are only good if your a week or so late for af. Congratulations Xxx
  • Options
    Just thought I would update. I just did Asda own brand and First Response and both a clear single line so a total BFN.

????
  • Options

What first response test did you do noodles as the first response test I took only gives you a single line it doesn't give you a plus sign, not sure about asda tests. x

• Options

I did the one in the pink box where you need 2 lines? I only got one line

No denying it is there really?

• Options

O no noodles! Sorry to see those tests! Hopefully af will arrive for you asap if your not to have a bfp so you at least know where you stand with your cycles! Are you normallyrregular? Xx

• Options
    No I'm normally irregular which is why it's so hard to know when to test. Its a nightmare!

That's why with my first I was 10 weeks along and throwing up all day before I tested. Oh well.

Off to my first Aqua Zumba tonight, hoping losing some weight will make me regular again! xx
  • Options

I think exercise is good in general, have a nice time, work off that disappointed of a bfn. X

• Options
    sorry hun. those tests should be off the shelves. i complained to them years back as same thing happened to me image thin blue positive lines. i stayed away from then blue dye ever since. boots tests can also do it. obviously work if pregnant x
  • Options

I would try again in a day or so , my 1st looked like the tesco 1 with the v.faint pos , sometimes takes awhile for the hcg to pick up , don't mean to get your hopes up but it can't pick up hcg if it isn't there - in my experience anyway , good luck , please keep us posted x x 

• Options

might be wrong but im sure i can see a very faint line on the second pics xx

• Options
    Like u noodles I am very irregular! Sometimes 4wks sometimes 6wks! And it's always been like that even when I was a size 10 so I'm not putting it down to weight! Like ur sainsburys test I did the numark tests they look exactly the same and also use blue dye! And was getting negative results I didn't get a positive result until I was 6wks 3days since my last period and that was very faint on a first response with my morning urine! Also my symptoms used to come and go I'm 16wks 4days now after 3yrs of trying! I'd leave it a couple of days and test with a first response with the first wee of the day! The test with the purple end looks like it has a faint line aswell (maybe just the photo) but keep positive! X
  • Options

I can also see a faint line on the second pic.  Noodles, just test again in 2 or 3 days.

• Options

Thanks guys, never knew that about the blue line tests. 

Still no AF, but still have funny taste right at the back of my mouth weirdly, lower back pain and feel like i am gonna come on any minute now but then when i go and wipe nothing - it's all gooey discharge and when i move it around on the tissue it's stretchy (sorry).

Hate the waiting for AF game. I just really really don't want to get my hopes up. Specially when i got 2 negatives!

• Options

would defo test again im sure i can see a faint line in the second pic xx