Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I need opinions, please?

My boyfriend and I have been trying to conceive for a little while now. I will go ahead and say that my period varies, and sometimes it seems regular, and sometimes not. I got in a wreck on June 12th, and my seatbelt caused trauma in different places, including my lower abdomen, and I ended up starting my period on the 13th, which was pretty early for last month. Anyways, like I said, my cycle varies, but I usually flow around every 28-30 days, and I stay on for about 8-10 days at a time, and I usually have a pretty heavy flow. I haven't actually been keeping up with my ovulation too well, or fertility (however you do that), but we did the deed everyday around the time I was expected to ovulate.

My period for this month was expected around the 11th, but it's the 28th now, and I haven't started my regular period....but I am suspicious as to whether or not I am experiencing implantation bleeding. I started seeing a little bit of blood three days ago, so I started using regular-sized tampons, but they aren't even halfway covered/soaked when I remove them (TMI, sorry), and the blood is dark red/basically brown -- and I'm pretty sure the bleeding has stopped, because I removed one earlier, and there was nothing on it. I'm so confused, because this is my first time being in this sort of situation, and I'm just not sure what to think or do.

For the past week or two, I've been feeling "different", as to say the least. So I looked up what the signs/symptoms of early pregnancy were, and I realized that all of the things/ways I was feeling were on those many lists that I had found.

• nausea, w/o vomiting
  • increased urination
  • slight constipation (only for a few days or so)
  • fatigue (oh my gosh)
  • headache/dizziness (which is odd because I never get headaches)
  • mood swings (ask Tyler...)
  • increased appetite
  • lower abdominal cramps/slight bloating (and I've just kinda /felt/ heavier, if you know what I mean..)
  • back/neck pain
  • sore throat/stuffy nose 
  • sensitivity to smells

So, since all of those things matched up, I was feeling so many different emotions, all at one time, but Tyler and I were getting so happy. He went out and bought me a box of "Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator", with three in a box. I took two tests last week, about two days apart, but unfortunately both came back negative... image I've been so upset from it that I've basically been put off from taking the last test, because I don't want to see another negative result, of course.. But now that this has been happening, I'm planning on taking that last test I have, to see if anything has changed.

I have been going through quite a lot lately, and I've been very stressed, especially since I haven't been taking my depression/anxiety meds. A big thing happened last Thursday night, and I kinda went through a panic attack, and I'm thinking that may also be why I started bleeding on Friday.

On one hand, I feel like I might be pregnant, but then again, I'm not sure. I've been looking for a few other opinions, so please, let me know what you think? I would appreciate it.

Replies

• Options

Hi, i didnt want to read and run but not sure what help I'll actually be.

It does sound like you are going through a lot. Your symptoms sound promising so you could be pregnant.  However, if you are particularly stressed this could also cause your period and / or ovulation to be delayed. The bleed you experienced could be implantation but then again not. When did you have the bleed? Because a sensitive pregnancy test wouldn't show up as pregnant until at least 2 says after implantation. It also sounds like the pg tests you have are the digital ones which are not very sensitive...you would need to wait even longer after implantation to get a positive on one of these tests. I hate to say it but unfortunately all the symptoms of early pregnancy can be the same as symptoms of your period being on its way...its a pain but it really is just a waiting game!! Do you know when your period is due and / or what date you ovulated? x

• Options
    My period was due on July 11th, which was eighteen days ago, but I missed it. The next period would have been expected on August 8th, which is in ten days.

I just don't feel the same as I do when I'm about to be on though... I never get any of those symptoms when I'm about to start or when I'm actually on my period, besides a little cramping..
  • Options

Hi, again I'm not sure how much help ill be but didn't want to read and run. I agree with MrsU that stress can cause a delayed or even missed period, however, the symptoms sound promising. if theres even a chance you are pregnant don't use tampons. One of the most sensitive tests is the first response tests so you could try one of them. Other than that maybe a trip to the doctors might be a good idea xx