Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying for 2nd baby

Hi everyone, I know I am probably panicking a bit early but I came off the pill a month ago and having trying to become pregnant. I have been bloated, had cramps and dizziness/sickness so convinced myself I had fell straight away like I did with my first pregnancy but have just seen my period has started. Feeling very disappointed!! I am worried cause I am 35 years old and everything on the internet seems so negative about falling pregnant at this age. My son, Joshua is now 20 months old. I am now 2 stone lighter than I was when I fell for first pregnancy although health advisors would say I still overweight for my height. I am otherwise healthy and don't drink alcohol or smoke and not on any other medication. Just wanted to see if other people my age had problems or not and how long it took for them to get pregnant at 35 or after. Thank you x

Replies

• Options

Hi Jenniiwren, I'm sorry I have no experience of trying to conceive after 35 but I do know how it feels to come off the pill and how cruel all the symptoms are. It's just like being pregnant and gives you so much false hope! It seems to me though that you've helped your chances just by being lighter than you were before! I've gained weight which I'm in the process of losing but really hoping it doesn't effect things too much! Good luck to you! X 

• Options

Hi Jenni, I'm 39 and it took me 4 months to fall. My youngest is 7 and with him, and the others I fell the first month of trying.......

So it took me a little bit longer, but not too much, and you will have a few left over hormones from the pill. Good luck x x x 

• Options
    Thank you each and mrsboysmum for your comments. You have both given me more confidence. I have found that there is a lot on the internet about how much your chances fall when 35 and over and it's all a bit daunting! Thank you for giving me some hope back xxx
  • Options

Hi Jenni, I am 33 (34 in Jan) and we are doing the same as you, seeing what nature decides.  We have a 3 yo boy and would love to have another baby, I don't drink alcohol or smoke etc either, I am in the same kind of position you are in!  I stopped my mini pill in April and since then leading up to my first period I was convinced I was expecting... Alas, all tests were negative so we carried on as normal.  I am currently waiting for my next period, towards the end of the month, and we will see what happens again.  Just wanted to reassure you that you still have a normal chance of conceiving within 6 months, Good Luck with it all and take care!! Feel free to PM me anytime for a chat xx

• Options

Hi jenni we have just started trying for #2. Our little girl is 16 months old and we needed Clomid to conceive her.i turn 35 in two weeks! I am dreading this tic journey as last times was heartbreaking and long. Good luck! X

• Options
    Let's all keep our fingers crossed and let me know if/when any of you ladies fall. Good luck to all and thank you for your encouragement xx
  • Options
    Alfiesmummy got a bfp yesterday! image there is hope!!! Xx
  • Options
    Yay!! I did!! Fingers toes and eyes crossed with oodles of baby dust for eah and every one of you!! Xx