Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Vitamin B6

I can feel my af is on her way and id say she will arrive later on today. However this has been another short cycle for me at just 27 days (as opposed to 32day cycles before my mc) and i think i must be ovulating late and so not giving the egg a chance to implant. Can vitamin B6 help this and how do you take it?

Im going to chart all this next cycle and see if im right but if so what can i do to lengthen my luteal phase?

Any info or insight would be much appreciated.

Replies

• Options

Hi missC, from my personal experience I would say yes vitamin B6 can help to lengthen your luteal phase. Mine has always been shorter (10-11 days) so I did some research. I was taking raspberry leaf and evening primrose between the start of AF and O, and vitamin C 1000mg and vitamin B100 complex for my full cycle. In addition to my ttc vitamin. I didn't add the vit B complex until 1st September, I can't say it definitely lengthened my luteal phase but assume it did as yesterday was 13dpo and I got my BFP after 17 months of trying.  I tested when I was 11dpo and got a bfn, which suggested I implanted late, which would explain my previous trouble ttc with my luteal phase being to short.  I really believe the vit b helped.  Baby dust to you xx

• Options

Oh and just to add you need to take B6 in a complex as apparently the other B vitamins help it work properly xx

• Options

Thank you so much for you reply FaithRyan and congratulations on your bfp, you must be soo happy.

I am taking pregnacare complete aswel so presume the b12 in that will help the 50mg B6 vitamins that i bought yesterday. Af still hasnt arrived but took a test this morning and it was negative so she is def still on her way, just taking her time.

Your story has def impressed me and im hoping we are as lucky as you. Was this your first month taking B6?

• Options

Thank you, I still can't quite believe it and am trying not to get my hopes up too much as it's still very early days. Yes this was my first month taking the B100 complex, but I'd been taking the vit C and raspberry leaf for a couple of months. For future reference I got the b100 from Holland and Barrett. You can also get a B50 complex. A lady on another thread I'm on took the B50 complex with a 50mg B6. The daily max dose is 200mg but I wouldn't go over 100mg personally. You could maybe start on the 50mg then add in the b50 complex if it doesn't lengthen your luteal phase on its own. the other lady I mentioned has also had a bfp since starting the vits but unfortunately it didn't stick. Baby dust to you, I hope it works for you too xxx