Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*~* Thursday Chat Thread ~*~

Well, what can we say after the amazing news from Dolly & LG this morning?!

Hope everyone is doing well?

AFM - Took part in a research study this morning about endocrinology & diabetes so have been up since 5.30! In TTC news, am 11 DPO but, because the study also wanted to do a body DEXA scan, they made me do a preg test which was negative (I knew that anyway!). AF due Saturday but looking forward to the party and the house to myself this weekend!

What are everyone else's plans for the weekend?

Hello to all who follow x

Replies

• Options

Morning Tatyo,

Most people dont get a BFP at 11dpo so theres still hope. I hope the witch stays away! I don't know how you managed to get up at 5.30. I'm WFH today so didnt get out of bed until 8.30.

Have you choosen a dress yet? Iove my H but I also love having the house to myself. Its nice to relax and watch all the trashy tv I want.

I'm meeting a friend from my last job for dinner tomorrow, meeting old school friends for drinks on Sat and then spendng some time with H on Sunday.

I had a bit of a half asleep hiccup using the CB ov test this morning and pulled the stick out in the testing window. Put it quickly back in and got a Peak fertility. I had a low yesterday and its only CD10. I'm annoyed with myself because I don't think I'm ov this early and can't test for another 48 hours. I have some IC tests so may test with them this afternoon.

Hi to all all to follow x

• Options

Hi Tayto!

Great start to the day, definitely gives hope to us it can happen!

Sorry about the neg test. Have a great time at the party, did you decide on a dress?

AFM - I've been taking pregnacare for 3 months now so unless they are helping with the spotting it looks like I might be late so will have to move my appointment :-( getting annoyed with my body for playing tricks on me! A quiet weekend for me got nothing planned at all yawn! got some busier ones coming up though so will make the most of it.

Hi to all who follow x

• Options

Missed you there Peggs! I think I did that the first time I used a cb opk! I'd say dtd just in case lol!  Sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned enjoy!

• Options

Fantastic news this morning from dolly and lovely girl!

As predicted I am feeling a bit rough this morning but had a fab night so was worth it. Am off to frankie and bennys and the cinema tonight with my little sister. So can't even catch up on my sleep!

Tayto - sorry about the bfn but sounds like you have a nice weekend planned to distract you.

Peggs - oops! As lulu said perhaps just dtd just in case. Sounds like you're as busy as me at the moment!

Lulu - when is af due? Is it worth testing?  I know some people don't like seeing a bfn though

• Options

Hi lulu,

Is it worth you taking a test before you call and change your appointment? I've been taking Pregnacare too and last month had cramps for 5 days before af came. I normally get a craps and spotting for a couple of days but nothing like that. Its hard to tell if its the tablets or our bodies.

• Options

Holey - Glad you had fun last night. I'm pretty sure drinking is more fun on a school night! What are you off to see in the cinema?

• Options

Peggs - we're going to see Annabelle. We both like scary films.

Does anyone else find the leaflet for the cb opks hilarious? I keep laughing every time I read 'making love today is just for fun' when it's talking about getting a negative!

• Options

Morning ladies!

Goodness it's hard getting on here after 8.30am now that my colleague is back from his hols. Trying to be sneaky and opening MD in a really small window but that makes it hard to read... Gah!

Tayto - 5.30 is no fun if you're not used to it! I love having the house to myself occasionally, hope you enjoy it!

Peggs - what a busy few days ahead you've got! Sunds like fun.

Lulu - I really hope your body isn't playing tricks :( I know how frustrating that is. Enjoy your relaxing weekend!

Holey - Glad you had a fab night! What are you seeing at the cinema?

So happy to see 2 BFPs this morning too, hope the rest of you follow suit very soon and we can all bail out of here together! x

• Options

Holey - Glad you had fun last night and tonight sounds good as well! I'm hoping to get a cinema night in with H soon love the cinema! Let us know what the film is like.

Peggs - I won't call them until I know how late I'm going to be as I'll hopefully just change it to the week after. Sorry your post made me laugh, you put you normally get craps ha ha!

I don't think there is much point in me testing yet and I don't have any tests anyway lol! Every cycle I decide to test on a certain day the spotting arrives, I don't want to waste my time and money on buying tests unless I really think I need them. I think it is just the tablets might be kicking in which is good as the spotting is annoying!

• Options

Wow, lovely and busy on here and MD in general this morning!

Peggs - I got a peak fertility on CD 10 this cycle so I'd DTD as much as you can over the next few days. I have a short cycle though so I expect ov before cd14. Your weekend plans sound like fun - enjoy!

Lulu - that's a pita! Although good if it helps with the spotting, how long is your LP these days? Did pregnacare impact the length? Enjoy your quiet weekend.

Holey - I agree with Peggs, drinking is defo more fun on a school night! Glad you had fun even if you're feeling rough today! Yes, I remember that bit in the leaflet, think I probably snorted in derision with it! Enjoy the cinema - let us know what the film is like.

ST - how're you doping m'dear?

AFM - Re a dress, nothing definite yet, gonna get up early on Sat and go shopping and not leaving until I find a good (magic) one!

• Options

Hi Ladies,

I've posted on 1st tri, but it feels weird not to post over here! It feels very unreal that I've had a bfp, and I'm also cautious as it could be taken away. Bfps do tend to happen in groups over here so lefts hope for some more!

Tayto - That's a long day, I hope you aren't too exhausted. 11dpo could just be too early, but I know what its like when you just know she's coming. However I had all the usual symptoms this month, it wasn't until about 3 or 4 days late I started to feel different. I hope the party is great, did you get that dress?

Peggs - Sounds like you have a fun few days planned, I hope you get some nice clear ov signs.

Lulu - I hope your body stops playing tricks and you either get AF or it's good news soon. I hope you don't need to move your appointment, I totally understand not testing... but I hope that you get your turn soon xxx

Holey - Sounds like you had fun last night, and good big dinner and F&Bs will make you feel better!

I really hope we can all be tri buddies as well as TTC buddies xxxx

• Options

Tayto - AF normally arrives 14dpo and spotting usually starts 11 or 12dpo, I think I'm 13dpo today but can't be sure because I messed up the opks this cycle. This is the 3rd cycle I've been taking pregnacare, the previous 2 cycles were no different at all, actually I got spotting 5 days before af last cycle! But saying all that I know they can take a few cycles to start making a difference, I'd like to think something good is about to happen but I think I know it isn't and it's just my body messing with me.

Dolly - So happy for you I hope my HyCoSy has the same outcome! xx

• Options

Hi dolly - congrats again, I really am so thrilled for you. I'd forgotten this was your HSG cycle so, if I recall correctly, you're at least the 3rd lady on here who got her bfp after it, great news for those of us struggling. Didn't get a dress yet, will need to try it on as I have a weird shape!

Lulu -  I think it took me about 4 cycles before the pregnacare really started to make a diff - I'm now on a 12 day lp whereas, before, it was anything between 11 and 14. I hope your hycosy has the same outcome as Dolly's xx

• Options

Oh, another question! Dolly - did you temp this cycle? If yes, did you notice any difference with your charts?

• Options

Tayto - I'm doing OK thanks :) My big wobble earlier this week must have been hormones! I'm still not entirely sure I believe there's anything going on in me, but at least I've only got 11 more days until I know without a doubt. Good luck finding a dress, I hope it doesn't take long!

Dolly - I feel so much less intimidated about moving to first tri knowing there will be a few ladies I know there. I hope even more of us get to go through it all together!

Lulu - It would be so lovely if your HyCoSy worked some magic!

• Options

Lulu I have everything crossed for you and that HyCoSy xx

• Options

ST - I'm sure it'll feel surreal until you see that little bean on screen. I'm wishing away the days for you x

• Options

Tayto - That is good to know it took you a few cycles to notice a difference as well, that must be why the spotting hasn't shown up yet.

Thanks Dolly and ST x