Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

^^^Monday TTC^^^

Morning!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Anyone get up to anything interesting? We didn't really, weather was dreadful yesterday. 

Not much to report on the TTC front. Felt a little nauseous on waking this morning but that's eased off. Probably nothing related just me getting my hopes up! Anyway, I reckons AF might be due end on this week although my period tracker says next week - I think I ov'd earlier than expected this month. 

Anyway, taking F to his little play and singing group this morning and then hopefully getting my hair done (again) this afternoon. Hi to all who follow! 

Replies

• Options

Good morning

Weather Girl - hope Af arrives on time so you can get on with the next cycle.. is there no chance for you this month? Enjoy the play group and having your hair done!

Afm cd11 operation dtd has commenced over the weekend hubbys away now until wednesday ff says a normal cycle would be ovulating on friday but I ovulated later last time so we will see!

Fingers crossed for all that needs them and hugs for everyone that needs a hug!

Hello to all that follow

• Options

Morning WG, I'm currently bored as feck in Uni! I was working yesterday, but went out fir dinner on Saturday then saw the Hobbit, it was nice. Hope F enjoys play group, what are you getting done to your hair? Fx for no AF later in the week.

I'm CD6 today so starting DTD tonight...SMEP says CD8 but I have occasional short cycles, so better safe than sorry.

• Options

Oops! Missed you CC. Hope you don't OV til Friday, to give you time to DTD once your H is back.

• Options

Morning!

WG - Hope Af stays away

CC - Hope hubby is back in time for ov.

Saffron - Is SMEP basically dtd every other day all cycle?

Afm, cd15 and another high on the cbfm. No sign of a peak yet and no ov signs (not that I ever get any!). Still dtd every other day just in case, but the more this goes on the more I'm convinced I have a problem ov'ing... I just get no signals it's happening at all. Hopefully I'm wrong, but have spoken to OH and have agreed to make an appt with the GP in March if still nothing as that will have been 11 cycles (and in to the 12th).

Had a lovely weekend catching up with friends. The got stressed out with house plans (we are completely remodelling the whole downstairs of our house - planned start date March) and there's still so much to do/decide/plan and the costs are getting silly! I just keep chanting to myself 'it will be worth it....it will be worth it'!!

• Options

Lola, would you be willing to temp? Even for one cycle, it will prove OV. You could try cervix checking if you're not squeamish?

SMEP is (in basic terms) DTD every other day from CD8, until you get a pos OPK, at which point you DTD for three days in a row, miss a day, and then DTD once more.

• Options

Thanks Saffron - I didn't want to google SMEP on work computer! What's the reason behind skipping a day? (Sorry for the q's - tell me if I'm bugging you and I'll google at home!).

I haven't tried temping, just because I'm such a sleep monster at the weekends that the thought of the alarm is horrible. I also don't sleep too well in the week (last night I was still awake at 2am, up at 4am, then awake again at 5.30am, alarm at 6.40am) so would worry it would mess up temping then anyway. Though, having said all that, if the cbfm doesn't start spitting out proper results I may well try next month and see how I get on.

With regards to cervix checking - I'm not squeamish - but would need to google what I'm rummaging for! That is definitely not one for the work computer!!!!

• Options

Haha, not at all! I think that the idea is that by then you've caught anyway, so it's time for a day off, then DTD once more just in case Laugh

See the other post from MrsL, I've discussed cervix checking on there. Yes

I'm not a good sleeper at all, but I still temp and it works. I know what you mean about the weekends, but if you really need to you could just skip weekends. If you're only doing it to prove that you have ovulated, without pinpointing the exact day of OV, then missing a couple of days once a week wont matter, you will still be able to see a clear shift. That said, I love my sleep too. I temp at 7am every morning then just go back to sleep if I don't need to get up. On Sunday I slept til 11am despite temping at 7am...I would have slept later but I had work at 1pm Sad

• Options

Thanks Ladies, I am pretty sure my ovulation will be next week anyways but just going to cover both weekends to make sure haha! We just DTD every other day and see where we get, It worked for us last time, altho we only actually had DTD a few times that month haha! I am temping and so hopefully if it's not our month this month, I will have a better picture for the next month and when to DTD at the right time!

Saffron - I hope the SMEP work''s for you!

LolaB - Like Saffron say's hopefully even just one month of temping may help you too pinpoint ovulation, CBFM's seem to not give you a peak in the first month apparently.. are you in the first month of using it? (I have a bad memory)

Hope the house plan's aren't too hideous :(! Just keep thinking like you are that it will be worth it in the end!

• Options

Thanks Saffron - I think I will try temping next month. At least then I can go to the GP saying I've tried everything! I'll check out your other post about what I'm looking/rummaging for!

CC - Yes, it's the first month with cbfm. I've had highs from cd8. The house will be fab when it's finished - it's mind over matter at the moment and preparing for 3 months of living upstairs!

• Options

I wouldn't worry too much this month then, A lot of ladies who have used them say they only had highs in the first month something about it getting use too your body or something.

Oh bless you! Sounds mad! Hope it's not too bad!

• Options

I have just quickly googled : 'cbfm highs no peak 1st month' and there are loads of forums with women posting the same thing about no peak's in the first month :)

• Options

Thanks CC. I read that too - but one of the reasons I got the cbfm was because I didn't have any other ov signs (no ewcm, no pains, no positive opks), I know I need to give it a bit longer to get used to me, but I think Saffron might be right and temping for a month is a good idea too. The lengths we go to for ttc!!

• Options

I don't get any signs either, well not that I notice really, I am not 100% on the ewcm lol But yes I agree temping may help!

• Options

Hi All

Hope you're all ok and we get some BFPs soon!

I'm on CD3, still surprised how regular AF has been so far since coming off the pill. Hubby admitted yesterday he was sad it didn't happen for us this month as I think we both felt we had DTD at the right times and enough but onwards and upwards. I don't want to get caught up In temping yet as it was only our second cycle. So nothing really to report for me, I just need AF to bugger off so I can pounce in my hubby again.

• Options

Hello everyone, bit late to the game today and no personals I'm afraid as I'm on my phone. We had carpet fitted this morning in the living room and hallway so had to unplug the WiFi til lunch. Almost moved everything back into place then just got to tidy the kitchen. This is my last week off before going back to work so I've got to try and get all the jobs sorted!

• Options

MrsL - totally understand why you dont want to get caught up in temping yet but dont rule it out completely if it hasnt happened for you (hopefully that wont be the case)

Bunny - lovely tohave new carpet it makes such a diference too a room! Well done for doing your jobs before you go back. How are you feeling about going back?

• Options

Hi CC def not ruling it out just trying to relax about the whole thing as I want us to enjoy TTC without too much pressure. Easier said than done tho when were both so desperate for a baby now x

• Options

Dont blame you for trying to relax as long as possible, but yes its very hard when your desperate for a baby. I hope that it works for you.

• Options

Yes I am looking forward to going back, I think it will be good to get into a routine again. I'm also not having a class and doing group and one to one work and then covering the other teachers time out of class, meaning I will get to experience teaching other year groups and getting to know some of the children better.

Mrs l I know what you mean about relaxing! First time round we just went with the flow, no tracking, no date watching etc, but this time I'm constantly thinking about what day it is and when AF might be due. A little tricky when I'm not regular! I'm trying to focus on the fact that it could take 6 months to a year and that way if it hopefully happens before then I will be extra happy.

Baby making is fun but the waiting and not knowing is not!

• Options

You've got it in one bunny! I'm so impatient  too which doesn't help haha