Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

charting

Evening ladies

I'm on cycle 6 now since my MMC and the see what happens approach isn't having the desired effect so I want to take more control over what's happening. II've got a thermometer today and started checking CM, but looking fior recommendations for charting it all...I remember Fertility Friends as being a popular one before, is that the best or is there something that works better?

Thanks

Replies

• Options

I don’t temp but everyone who does always seems to be flashing FF charts!

• Options

Ah ok ill have a look on there then thanks OB x

• Options

I used fertility friend and it did the job well.

• Options

Ff seems to be an easy app to use for temping.

• Options

Im using fertility friend. straightforward to use but not been using it for long enough to see if it works!

• Options

Hope no one minds me posting in here? Just had a little lurk at the new board......

I temped on cycle 6 for first time. I downloaded fertility friend app on my phone and also read lots of the info on the website. Along with the Toni wesschler? Taking charge of your fertility book, which had alot of info on charting/temps etc. I combined temping with opks as you tend to know you've ov'd when you get three consecutive temp rises which is usually too late to Dtd but I found using both confirmed I'd definitely ov'd.

Whether it was coincidence or not but temping worked for me and we got bfp that month. 

• Options

I've been temping for 3 or 4 cycles now. I find it quite easy & less stress than opks, which i use too, but sometimes struggle with the whole is it a line? is it dark enough? But you don't know that you have ovulated with temping until after you have. I can pretty much work out my O day but that's because my cycles are fairly regular, so if I'm out its only by a couple of days. I use FF to record it, it took me a while to get the hang of FF but I'm getting there now.

• Options

Oh, I should say I just use the free FF not the more detailed one that you have to pay for.

• Options

I'm another FF free user (on the recommendation of other ladies from here) - I use it mostly because my unpredictable long cycles mean I've no idea when things are going to happen, the temping enables me to see when ovulation has occured and gives me a rough idea when I should expect my period and/or it's time to do a pregnancy test, which otherwise I wouldn't have a clue about.

Main thing to remember is to always take the temp at the same time each day and before you move/get out of bed... so you need to work out which day you wake up earliest and set your alarm on all the other days to make sure you wake up at same time (frustrating if it's your day off but still worth it I think :) )

• Options

I don't temp but the ladies that I know who do all use Fertility Friend. I use Period Tracker and really like it but not sure what it would be like it I temp.

I use ic opks and I'm happy with that only. Mostly due to my POAS addiction lol.  Like you, I sometimes found deciphering lines difficult so for last cycle (1st after mmc) I also bought a CBD ovulation kit off Amazon which was half the price of buying in the shops. I use it if I get a questionable line which means I've only used about 2 sticks a month so far so not costing a fortune but I know where I am with everything.

• Options

I use the free FF when TTC the first time, i conceived both cycles that i charted so definitely recommend it. I also read the Taking Charge of your Fertility book which was fab.

• Options

thanks ladies, Gillsy I've been tracking my periods in Period Tracker so have an idea of how regular my cycles are, so hoping that in conjunction with FF and reading TCOYF will help me understand when ovulation should be taking place and jump H Laugh  I have some ICs so I think I'll dig them out this month instead of my usual guessing strategy!

I've registered with FF, just waiting for them to approve my registration now!  got my thermometer ready for the morning, will just note it by hand for now

thanks for the input ladies - Duckford, you give me hope! x

• Options

Hi lovely. Hope you are ok. I charted after William and the temps don't really tell you much for the first cycle or so because ff doesn't confirm ov till 3 consecutive higher temps iyswim but have a look at the ff tutorials because I found them helpful. What about a cbfm? I used 1 for 4 cycles after William and got pregnant twice in 4 cycles (it was holly woods cbfm and I used it and so did monkey bear), they go for about £60/70 on eBay but you get good resale value too)

X

• Options

Thanks CP, I think I understand more about CM now too, so going to go with that this month while hopefully temping will confirm we did the deed at the right time. I haven't looked into CBFMs - how do they work? Think it'd be too late for this month to use a CBFM anyway?

I've been trying to take a relaxed wait and see approach but every month that passes I see the age gap increasing which gets me down. Sigh. If I don't get pregnant this month I'll look at getting a CBFM x

• Options

That all I could see too, I had an ideal age gap and it was just getting bigger and bigger. Cbfm can start from cd1-cd6, you switch it in every day it asks you to poas from about day 10 till it gets to know ur cycle, then gives u a low high or peak reading, Dtd on all highs and peaks, to cover all bases

• Options

Mmm I'm on CD8 this cycle. Looks like can get a used one on eBay for £30, if I don't get a BFP this month I'm going to get one. Had never even occurred to me to look at them, thanks CP