Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Having things to look forward to

One thing that helps me get my difficult times is having things to look forward to.

This year i have had a couple of nights in a nice hotel, a holiday, couple of weekends away. Currently we are planning to go to Australia in March to see the family (this will only be booked if i do not get a bfp by October), so we have that to look forward to. But between now and then i have no holidays to use (thank god for flex days at work!) and neither has my OH, which is pretty pants but will be so worth it!

Do you have the same thought as me and try and plan nice things? Inspire me, what have you got planned?

x

Replies

• Options

We're saving for a house. We're hoping to find a wreck which we can do up from scratch, which will be so exciting! We're also planning to book a holiday for January and I have a girlie weekend planned for later in the year.

In between I have the usual lunches and catch ups with friends...I tend to book those in several weeks in advance as everyone is always so busy, so that's always something nice to look forward to. And H and I try to get away for day trips at the weekend quite a lot.

• Options

Ah buying your house is so exciting!! I remember that well. And having it as a project to do up, that sounds fab! Looking forward to hearing more about that when it happens!!

Where are you thinking about for a holiday?

x

• Options

Creeping in from my lurking...

I always need to have stuff to look forward to or I get depressed especially as TTC drags on.

Currently its Kasabian tomorrow, Working at Wireless festival in July, H's family over from Oz in August, which includes a wedding and a christening, and we're gona book a holiday in Sept/Oct for our 2nd anniversary - possibly egypt.

• Options

We're hoping for somewhere in the Caribbean, or maybe Thialand. We always pick deliberately off peak times so that we get them a little cheaper. Christmas and New Year is astronomical, then there's a big dive in prices for the first couple of weeks of Jan when everyone is back at work. I'll happily work the Xmas break if it means we can get a bargain Hol in Jan :)

Australia will be amazing! I've always wanted to go. My parents went a couple of years ago and it was touch and go for a little while as to whether they would come back!

We've spotted the perfect wreck of a house online, but it's right at he top of our price bracket, which means we couldn't do it up for a while and would have to live with it as it is, but it is a fab house...eek!

• Options

Hey Rod, how are you? I nearly posted to see if you were okay the other day but saw you on hitched so decided to leave you be (I still lurk over there occasionally, I still love a good bridezilla thread!). Hope you have a fab time at Kasabian!

• Options

I have to have stuff to look forward too. My husband doesn't understand it at all but I'm glad I'm not the only one!

• Options

Hi Fig - I'm ok thanks. Trying to keep my mind of TTC which is hard when I know im CD12....lol

thanks! Hoping the weather is better than today! x

• Options

Hi Rod - hope you are ok! It really does help! Hope you have a fab time at the concert. Sounds like you have a few things to look forward to :) All sound great!!

F - We got married and went on our honeymoon in January, went to Mexico and it was a fantastic time of year to go. Would highly recommend where i went!

We have family in Australia so i am very lucky to have been there a few times. We did put it on hold to go, we had originally planned to go and take our child with us, and then when we had our MC we decided to put the trip on hold while we TTC again as we'd obviously prefer a baby than a holiday, but the closer its getting to March, and nothing happening for us, we decided we needed something else to look forward to. So we have given ourselves until March, if we are not pregnant by then we will book it, we will still be ok to fly if i did get a bfp in between booking and going, we can pay to change the dates of the flights if needs be, and in a worst case scenario we loose a couple of grand, which is nothing if it means we could have our baby.

I think you just need to think of yourselves sometimes don't you? You cant put your life on hold. We have spent the last 18 months doing that and we decided we needed to put ourselves first, yes we are still desperate to TTC our first baby and we will do everything we possibly can to try and make that happen, but a few things over the last couple of years, especially in the few months, has made us realise that life really is too short. So having little bits to do and focus on do not only help take the focus of having a baby, but you are also living your life too. I really hope that all makes sense?

• Options

I'm a bit like this over the next few months while H s away so far I have:

A week off and night away in the hotel we got married in before H departs

2 Christenings and a wedding reception in July

2 work trips away (not really mega looking forward to but something a bit different)

My 30th which so far is possibly a meal and night out with friends, a trip to centre parcs with the family and I'm also pondering a few days in Dubai so see one of my besties who lives there in October.

night out with the girls to see a play

So pretty busy already!

• Options

That all sounds fab Grif! Especially the nights away!! x

• Options

This is something I'm working at. Currently we have a holiday to Croatia in September and my 30th birthday next month, but no other plans. I never know what to do on my days off and it really frustrates me; I need to be doing more than just working and housework! I'm going to look for some inspiration and start putting things in the diary!

• Options

Thanks suzie, I'm looking forward to it. Hope you're doing ok lovely sounds as if you're booking in lots to look forward too a d you definitely deserve it xx

• Options

Thanks grif xx

• Options

I'm with you all, I feel I have to have something to plan or do, these past 6 months have certainly done that but not in a good way. We've had to deal with my uncle commiting suicide on 28th Dec, that was horrific dealing with that then my Mum gets diagnosed with womb cancer and has a full hysterectomy and her first round of radio and then my H is made redundant. Thankfully for my H he has got offered a job and starts on Monday :)

Even though with all that happening it took our minds of ttc as my family came first emotionally and for support. It just makes me realise how much I love my family and we want our parents to become grandparents, I have an older sister and she doesn't want kids, so it's upto us, for them to be grandparents, my folks have no idea we are trying.

I'm hoping to book up a holiday around H's birthday in Sept, I have to have something to plan, I'll go buzzerk otherwise :) xx

• Options

oh what a good thread, I too am needing something to focus on.  I am now on my 6 week school holidays which is very much needed.  We aren't going away but are spending the time renovating the house and landscaping the gardens. Still waiting on quotes though so that's holding things back a bit.  Looking to go away in the October break instead.

A spiritualist told me that health issues weren't the issue with not falling pregnant, it was the circumstances. I hope she's right, our circumstances have changed allowing us to get on with the house so i'm hoping is brings about a pregnancy knowing we'll be sorted out....

Leelee - I've just turned 39, and feeling time isn't on my side either! xx

• Options

Yes, it's essential if you ask me.

In the next 7 days (in amongst working during the day and teaching classes at night) I've got a few things to look forward to:

Tuesday night - favour making for my sisters wedding

Wednesday night - Bon Jovi concert

Thursday night - meal at my parents for my sister

Friday - my sisters wedding and I'll be bridesmaid for the first time

Saturday - wedding reception

Sunday - fly to Florida with OH for 19 days

In August we've also got Kings of Leon concert but I'll need to line some other bits and pieces up after that.