Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Maybe.... (update page 2)

Just mayyyybe there's a line!! I am 12dpo. Last time my bfp was 17dpo so I have absolutely no reason to test today other than boredom and feeling grotty. AF is due tomorrow by my reckoning, Sunday by FF's. Anyway, I tested just now for the sake of it and whilst there isn't a line as such, a sort of almost imperceptible shadow appeared after 5mins. It's so faint I don't think it will show in a photo, but I took one anyway:

can anyone else see it? As I said in the weekly thread, any possible bfp symptoms I get pre AF like sore breasts have totally gone, so I am just waiting for AF to show. What do you think? Possible chemical pg? Not sure whether to share with hubby. We did discuss if he wanted to know about any faint positives and he said yes, but since this is sooo faint it's not really positive, I don't want to give him false hope. Anyway, what do you think? (I'm not getting hopes up, and if AF arrives over the weekend and it proves to be a chemical, I can handle that).

Replies

• Options

Defo a line. Have you got a frer? They're far more sensitive/clearer.

Tentative congrats.

• Options

It's too blurry on my screen for me to be able to see I'm afraid, possibly there's something there, but I couldn't say for certain. If it were me being sensible I'd say see what the weekend brings. If it were me being me I'd test with a FR, but I'm a POAS addict, and shouldn't be allowed near tests. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

• Options

I'd also add I wouldn't tell my H until I had a cleaer test like a frer.

Like SG I am also a poas addict!

• Options

I have a frer type test (all mine are internet cheapest, but these dip tests are the very cheap ones, the others are like frers but still cheap unbranded ones) and will test again tomorrow. Really not getting my hopes up since you read about false positives and chemicals all the time. Still waiting for AF LOL!!

• Options

Thanks Spikey, that's exactly the advice I'd give to someone as well! I will see what the weekend brings and I won't count myself as pregnant until after AF is due anyway. Glad to see your little one is growing nicely, I miss my tri buddies!

• Options

False positives are really rare. Chemicals are more common.

Fx this is neither and you get a stonking line on a different test tomorrow.

• Options

Thanks. One last question... if  a next test is negative and AF shows, should I report this test to the GP to count towards losses and a referral? Or will she not count such a faint shadow as positive, and tell me not to be so silly?

• Options

I'd probably tell them. I think that it should count but again it'll probably depend on your gp/area etc. I know someone who's had a few chemicals and her doc is taking it seriously.

• Options

I can't really see anything as its blurred. But I think if u take a pic on an iPhone u can invert it and a positive usually comes up with a green line.

Not sure if the gp would class it as a chemical as u were unsure a line was there. In most areas they only refer after 3 mc,

But test again tomorrow and hopefully the result will be clearer x

• Options

OK now it's dried it's a definite faint line but I know whatever happens after the time limit doesn't count. Will confirm either way when I can with a better test. Gut feeling says it's not a viable pregnancy (maybe a case of once bitten twice shy?) but I'll keep an eye on things and keep you updated. Positive "don't you dare try and implant on the fibroid" vibes needed now!!

• Options

We miss you too Barefoot, I hope you're back on the tri threads soon lovely. Good luck tomorrow. X

• Options

I can see a faint line in the pic. I will keep things crossed tomorrow for you!

• Options

I can see a shadow but if you can see a line on it then it's a line! Fantastic news x x

• Options

Keeping everything crossed! xx

• Options

Well, I think I may have got my hopes up over nothing, sorry ladies! Tested again this morning and even less of a shadow. I had a look in the cupboard and I don't have any other brand of test either, so I'm calling it negative now, and waiting for AF. If no AF by Monday I'll retest, but I really have no symptoms, boob soreness pre-AF has eased and I think it was probably just a dodgy test. Grr!

• Options

Thats a shame BF - fingers crossed AF wont appear

• Options

Thanks Cooper. I'm really not expecting anything now, but I can deal with that. I'd rather a faint line followed by lots of nothings than nice dark lines followed by a mc. Ok so if this was a chemical pg, it's still technically a mc but I am putting it down to a dodgy test which keeps me sane!

Hope you get back to civilisation soon x

• Options

Sorry to see that update BF.

• Options

Thanks veecee. Still no AF, so CD30 when I have a 27 day cycle. I ovulated 2 days late so in theory and by FF's reckoning, AF could also be 2 days late but that would mean today and no sign. Problem is, I am now scared to test again. I would rather AF arrive than see a bfn and get upset. However I'm also worried that if it was an early chemical pg, AF may be delayed for quite a bit and I suppose I should report it to the GP. I finish nights on Tues morning and have said to OH that I will test again then just in case, since I have 3 nights out that will involve a few drinks if not pregnant, so I need to know either way. Just scared to see a negative, and concerned that maybe things haven't settled down after the mc after all if it's a long cycle. And there was a line, albeit faint. Sorry for rambling, just a little uncertain of what's going on.

• Options

Hi BF - sorry to hear you are in limbo land.

I felt similar feelings to you last month particularly - felt I would rather get AF then get a BFN.  Not easy and you felt in limbo so much.  I think good compromise to test on tyes morning and make sure you have  a sensitive one.

fingers crossed for you BF x