Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

OPKs looking for a new home - anyone want them?

I have a bag full of One Step Ovulation Tests. I tried a couple of times, peed all over myself trying to get the sample in the cup, squinted for ages at the lines, confused myself, drove myself crazy, and then gave up.

I have just invested in a ClearBlue Fertility Monitor (£48 on ebay brand new, soooo much cheaper than Boots!) so no longer need the OPKs.

Anyone want them? Free of course.

Replies

• Options

Damn. I've just reordered yesterday lol.

Thanks anyway. Hope the Monitor does the trick for you.

• Options

I would love them! I was just about to buy some more. I am more than happy to pay for them, I will at least pay for postage. I'm not quite sure how to pm someone on here though?

• Options

How does the fertility monitor work btw, out of interest?

• Options

Sorry Gillsy! Should have posted about them earlier.

Peanut you can have them completely free and they're light as a feather so won't cost much to post so happy to cover that myself. Just glad they can go to someone who can use them instead of chucking them away.

The fertility monitor is more peeing on a stick (bain of my life lol) and then you put the stick in the monitor and it tells you whether you're fetile, ovulating etc. It removes the need for you to squint at a stick, which is slowly driving me demented. I have made a resolution not to take any more pregnancy tests until I've actually missed a period as I can't take any more squinting at lines that aren't there. It's important for my mental health lol. www.clearblue.com/.../clearblue-fertility-monitor.php

• Options

Don't think you can PM on here. Send me an email: EDITED I'll delete the email addy when you'e sent me an email x

• Options

I'm also taking that vow of not doing any more HPTs unless I miss my period Figaro

• Options

I honestly think my mental health will improve dramatically by cutting out the HPTs. They stress me out so much and the disappointment is just as crushing every single time I get a BFN. No more. I am taking control!  

• Options

That does sound good! Emailing you now. Thank you so much!

• Options

Got your email :)

• Options

I tried to not POA til I missed a period but then I didnt know when my period was coming so I POAS anyway. Three times. Silly Rod!

• Options

I drove myself nuts POAS this month. I'm not going to put myself through that again *I say that now...you may have to remind me of this thread in a few weeks time*

• Options

They're on their way Peanut, hope they bring you lots of luck x

• Options

Fab, thanks Figaro. I only have about 4 left so they will arrive just in time!

• Options

They arrived this morning! Thank you!

• Options

Pleasure Smile