Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Temping... Wow

I woke up at 5.45am this morning so did my temp then (didn't know what time it was at the time!) and it was 36.17. Went back to bed, and woke up at 7.30, and did it again, and it was 36.38!

I know typically you should take the earlier reading - but I have been taking the reading closest to 7am as I stir a lot in the week, and its the only way I can consistently get close to the same time every day.

I can't believe the difference in the readings though! Especially considering I went straight back to sleep!

I do hope my ovulation temperature truly spikes a lot higher otherwise this could be a minefield experience for me this cycle!

ETA - This is what FF says ...

I took my temperature when I first woke up in the night and then again at my usual wake-up time. Which temperature should I use?

In general, you should use the temperature from your regular wake-up time. If you get up in the night for any reason and you know that you will go back to sleep and wake again at your usual wake-up time, resist the urge to take your temperature. Taking

Replies

• Options

If you stir a lot before taking your temp then yes, your temp won't be completely accurate, but that will be the same after you've ov'd too so you should still see a decent temp shift.

• Options

I stir in the early hours too.

I have tried taking my temp at 5-6am and it always lower than my usual wake up time. I stick to my normal time and my chart is quite steady. Not that I think I will actually ovulate now. I'll carry on for a bit!

• Options

Thats my thoughts Figaro!

Wow Ducky - you have a very steady chart there! FX you have a nice surprise and do ovulate :)