Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Vit B complex question

I take a multitude of supplements to 'help' with ttc (or feel as if I'm actively doing something). A lot of recommended taking Vit B complex to help lengthen luteal phase & decrease days of spotting but I just wanted to check whether you take it throughout your whole cycle as I know you shouldn't continue to take evening primrose oil after ovulation.

Thanks x

Replies

• Options

I took Vit B all the way through my cycles. It didn't make much difference the first month, but I noticed a difference the following month.

• Options

Thanks x

• Options

Hi black cat do you find primrose oil helps? I've only just started taking them so not noticed the benefit yet. I have been taking raspberry lead tea capsules and combined folic acid and vitamin d.

• Options

I also took Vit D the month we finally conceived. I read somewhere that it's supposed to help with EWCM. Tmi but I definitely had more that month! No idea if it helped, but thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to try it. Good luck x

• Options

I take so many supplements I don't know which help for what (for some of you who haven't read all my craziness I'm trying to sway any baby towards boy - although less emphasis the longer I'm ttc) I just know that I have A LOT of ewcm at the right time. Will look into vit D for next cycle!

• Options

I used Inositol which is a B6 vitamin and got pregnant within 2 months so it deff made an improvement for me

• Options

You're the 2nd person to mention inositol. I will have a look on google!!

• Options

I have raved about it a bit on here haha!... Monnie also used it and she's in the 1st tri!

• Options

Haven't googled it yet, can you explain what it is & where I get it? Thanks

• Options

Check this post monnie posted which got me into getting it mumdrum.com/.../10179.aspx

It's also available in Holland and Barret

• Options

Thanks, I don't have PCOS so not sure if I should still take it but I guess it's worth a shot. The lady in H & B was fab when I chatted to her (far more knowledgeable than the chemist in Morrisons) & said that you can't have too much vit b that your body will get rid of excess.

• Options

I am guessing it would still help even with out PCOS and shorting period length and making sure your eggs are mature enough.. Tbh I'd give anything a go when TTC but just something for you to think about :)

• Options

I don't want to shorten my cycles (I'm fairly regular at 29 days), just lengthen the luteal phase or get rid of the spotting so I get a full 14 days between ov & af as I've read that early spotting before af can mean that any fertilised egg may not have a chance to embed as the lining has already started to shed (or more scientific put than that!!) although I know many people have conceived successfully despite spotting. Anything to actually feel like you're helping right?!

• Options

Ah sorry, I got confused! But yes anything to feel like your doing something to help yourself get pregnant is a good thing! I think I'd try almost everything lol