Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnancy after d&c

Hi. After a bit of advise really. I was 11 weeks pregnant when I found out I lost my baby at 7.5 weeks. Nothing happened naturally so I had a d&c procedure last week 18th may. I have done a pregnancy test today and it shows pregnant 1-2! Is this a new pregnancy? Thanks 

Replies

• Options

Takes a month to heal hun its most likely your last pregnancy my doctor says you should wait one cycle before trying agen as the lining wont be fully healed for your next pregnancy xxx

• Options

Thanks for your reply. How would I no when it's not my old pregnancy. I don't have a follow up appointment with my doctor or anything. I was expecting a negative test straight away but have done 2 tests now and clear blue says 1-2. 

• Options

If you only had the d&c a week ago you wouldnt have time to ovulate and the egg to implant let alone be two weeks after implantion hun you should have your first period 4 to 6 weeks after d&c after that it will be safe to try agen but the time just doesnt work out hun xxx

• Options

It can take 10 days - weeks for the hcg to drop back down hun it all depends on how far you was i was 8 weeks when i lost my first i had natural mc it took me 2 and half weeks with my hcg xx