Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Been trying a year and still not pregnant

Hello, I was hoping for some advice ..I've never took any form if contraceptive I already have two children aged 7 and 4 and also had a miscarriage in 2012 all from my ex parter , we broke up later that year and I've since met someone else and have been trying for almost a year with him as he doesn't have any children , I had ovulation test at the doctors they said everything was normal  including hormone levels etc , I've also been on anti depressants since my 4 year old was a baby but they apparently don't effect conception , I just don't know what's wrong with me feel like I'll have have another baby , me and my parter have started taking pregnacare conception I'm hoping this works for us ..any advice is welcome ..thanks Lisa x

Replies

• Options

If you've been trying for a year then you can go to the GP and start to look into investigations as to why things may not be happening for you. If you already have children then perhaps it may be that your partner should look into getting a sperm analysis done?

It could just be that things haven't worked out yet, sometimes it takes a while to get pregnant. My cousin and her husband were trying for 18 months and had all the tests done which came back completely normal, it just took them a bit longer. They now have a 2 year old little boy together image

• Options

I agree with MrsHunt - go to your doc and get an SA for your H plus the basic bloods for you. It can often be very small things that can be very easily corrected and the sooner you know, the sooner you can put something in place to fix it