Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC No.2. Still not pregnant after a year.

Morning ladies. Well it's been some time since i've been on here, 5 years infact!!! My son was born May 2010 and we've been trying for baby no.2 for a year now. I know how lucky i am to have even one, my son is my world and the best thing that has ever happened to me. 

I've had a scan and a blood test which didn't show any problems and my husband's test also came back fine. I turned 30 in March. I just cannot believe i'm not pregnant, with my son i was lucky enough to fall pregnant 4 months after coming off the pill. It's not just me that desperately wants another baby, my son and husband want this asmuch as i do. 

I take the seven sea's vitamins and use the cheap ovulation sticks. The pain when ovulating is getting worse and worse each month, infact it was so bad last time i couldn't get up and thought i was going to have to go to hospital! 

So this morning i did a test which ofcourse was negative (cue tears) and now i actually have period pain. I'm debating as to whether i should ring the Doc again Monday and ask to be referred, just once i do that it almost feels like i've admitted defeat. 

Is anyone in the same boat or does anyone have any tips? Or does anyone want to just have a moan with me about how crappy this all is image I see bumps and babies everywhere, whens it going to be my turn? image x

Replies

• Options

Sorry to hear your having no luck.... I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and I'm the same as you- our family is ready for a new addition my body just isn't playing ball image I've just started month 9, currently on cd 2. I've had bloods done and now going to do my partners tests..... It's so frustrating isn't it?! I really thought last cycle was going to be THE ONE!!! Well good luck and fingers crossed for your BFP, I hope it happens for you soon!!!!

• Options

Hi Crunchynut, we just wanted to pop in and welcome you back to MadeForMums (you were prob on Baby Expert?). We want to wish you the very best of luck while you're ttc - you're amongst good company, lovely ladies here to support you.

• Options

Hi Crunchynut (cool name!!),

I feel your pain. My little boy turned 5 this month. I am lucky however in that I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. But we decided we wanted to start trying for a 2nd last March. It was frustrating because we couldn't start straight away - I was on medication that I had to be weaned off slowly and couldn't get my coil out til October. I was lucky to fall pregnant straight away with twins but lost them when I was 9 weeks - just in time for xmas. It was even harder that my little boy asks *constantly* when he's going to get a baby brother or sister. He wants one so much, notices when a "lady has a baby in her tummy" or whenever there's a baby under 18 months, he comments - "look at the cute baby mummy!!"

I had another (very early) miscarriage in February then I had a cycle where I didn't even ovulate at all. I'd feel like I'd been thumped in the stomach every time I saw a friend who was pregnant or a friend with a newborn. I was happy for them but it really hurt at the same time. I'm 33, nearly 34 by the way. I also worried about the ever-expanding age gap between my little boy and our next child.

Eventually, I was gearing myself up to go and visit another pregnant friend and when I got there, I didn't feel the same sense of jealousy and longing, I felt calmer somehow. I think I'd finally come to accept that it would happen for me at some point in the future and I just had to wait. Whenever it happened would be the right time for our family. And then it happened. We've had quite a few problems in terms of excessive bleeding so I'm hoping to goodness that things are ok for the 12 week scan cos I can't wait to tell my son. 

I don't know what's happening with ovulation pain for you - I'd go and chat to your GP about that probably. And it's not admitting defeat, you're just checking that things are ok. Even if you do get referred, there's lots of people who conceive whilst waiting for IVF. I think it's about relaxing and not turning it into a mechanical process.

Loads of luck xxx