Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New here... How long did it take to conceive baby number 3?

hi, 

I have two children, and am currently trying to conceive baby number 3.... For some reason I have this feeling that it's going to take me ages to conceive this time round! I was lucky enough to fall pregnant the first month both times before.... I am now on month 2 x

Replies

• Options

Hiya hanz I thought the same as it took 6 months to conceive baby number 2 for baby number 3 it took 2 weeks and now currently 29 weeks pregnant I found taking a relaxed approach worked for us so hope you get ur bfp soon image xxxxx

• Options

hi hanz I got my bfp last Wednesday I'm currently 5 weeks and 1 day with#3 I fell with my first straight away second straight away they have a 4 yr gap both boys and now 11 years later it took me 4 months I'm 31 and I also tried seven seas in 4th month and kept my legs in the air after bding lol but it seemed to of worked gl to you hope you get your bfp very soon xx 

• Options

hi Linz, thank you for the reply image i tried using ovulation kits Last month, but decided not to this month as I never did with my other two! I'm not sure when I ovulate tbh, my cycle was different this month, so I'm either waiting to ovulate or have already! May be bad timing as my husband is away this weekend, and then again for 4 days next week so might not catch it this month! But even still thank you image I hope it doesn't take too long! Congratulations on your baby news, hope all a going well xx

• Options

Hi pearl! aww that's reassuring! 4 months isn't too long! I know it can take an average of a year or so but just trying not to worry when Ive conceived before haha! Congratulations on your baby news too!! Hope you have a fab pregnancy image xx

• Options

Just try to doing the deed every other day next month and hopefully you will catch it that way and try have fun with it image thank you I'm really well just hope these last 10 weeks don't drag to much xxxxx

• Options

im glad to hear you are well image fingers crossed the weeks don't drag For you! Did you find out the Gender? 

a little bit of news.... I decided to use one of the left over ovulation kits today, just spur of the moment as had lower stomach pains, had drank lots before, so didn't even expect anything.... And unbelievably I got my smiley face!!! so husband came back Earlier.... He's here again tomorrow and away again Tuesday... So fingers crossed we may just catch it this month!! 

We sure are having fun image thank you xx

• Options

5 year gap for us...I had coil removed 8th november last year had bfp Christmas eve sadly I had a miscarriage in January however we were so lucky and I fell pregnant pretty much straight away - I didn't even have a period in between and our 3rd baby is due 31st October now nearly 27 weeks. I really wasn't expecting to fall pregnant so quickly! Hope it happens soon for you. 

• Options

Congratulations, lovely to hear it didn't take to long to conceive, especially after misscarriage, sorry to hear about that.... That also happend to me before my son, I was only about 4-5 weeks along but fell pregnant straight away afterwards with no period in between! 

Thank you, hope pregnancy is treating you well xx

• Options

I also miscarried before my eldest daughter in 2007...when we had the miscarriage in January I used this to explain to her and sister that sometimes things happen for a reason (we had told them I was pregnant)...If the baby I had then hadn't gone away then mummy would never had room in her tummy for Lily and she would never been born. It helped me also thinking that way because while it was a sad time I am always greatful for a being given my gorgeous girl and this baby will of course be just as big a blessing. 

• Options

thats a nice way of thinking image! My daughter was only 5 months when I fell pregnant with my son so she was none the wiser, we won't be sharing the news with them until after the first scan at least when it happens....

I'm excited to be trying again anyway, so really hope this is the month!! Xx