Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

CD1! Any one else!?

hi ladies. Been lurking on here for a while and af came this morning so decided to write a post. Me and my partner have been trying for my second (his first) since January. We caught straight away but sadly miscarried in April, and started trying again in May. I know it doesn't seem very long but it's driving me mad! I was convinced this month but then again it feels like I'm convinced every month! anyone else feel like they are going mental!? Xx

Replies

• Options

Hey aw so sorry to hear about Ur miscarriage :( yeh I am going crazy too.. Have been for the last 4 months of TTC! I was more hopeful this month AF is due next mon or tues .. Now I'm not coz I'm currently gettin hot flashes and dizzy slightly which is a sigN of AF . I am going crazy symptom spotting and googling all the time it's crazy ! It's exhausting. People say to not think about it and relax but it's hard when u want a baby so bad ! This will be my 1St so I can't wait :( xx

• Options

We started in May too :) x

• Options

Hi poppy

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my little boy at 21 weeks in March and we're in our 2nd month if trying again. Currently on my 2 week wait. I tend to have irregular cycles since march so it's hard for me to monitor ov, but currently 5dpo

i know what you mean about being convinced every month, I was over-convinced last month and was really stressed out when I got numerous BFN's I was sure eventually it would turn into a BFP!

keep us updated on our journey and fingers crossed for you x

• Options

Fx for you girls. My oh is desperate for a baby and had a tantrum this morning when I told him af turned up! Said it's never gonna happen is it and stormed off to work. He's since rang and apologised but it's just horrible to have to tell him. I'm not usually an early tester I test day af is due, it was due today and I came on first thing so didn't test at all this month. Considering starting to use opks this month though do you guys have any experience with these? Xx

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss aswel Chezzad. Must of been horrible for you xx hugs xx

• Options

thank you poppy

ive used opk's sporadically the last couple of months but this month I used them religiously. I got cheap ones online and would do one or 2 a day from cd10 (depends how long your cycles are, mine are irregular so I test for quite a while) they say the cheap ones are best from lunchtime so I used to test at around 2pm and then when I get home around 5.30pm. I've never had a really dark test line but it has got darker the further into my cycle. I also bought some clearblue opk's tonuse this month which you use first thing in the morning. I got a smiley on this so had it confirmed this way. Would definitely recommend thesE. I got the ones where it's either a blank circle or smiley face, not the one that flashes when it's approaching.

• Options

Ah yea I was looking at the clear blue I might give them a go this month. My cycles are spot on 26 days so I'm quite regular I just want to feel like I'm doing something to help if you know what I mean haha x

• Options

Hi Poppy. You're not going mad I think we are all a bit crazy when it comes to ttc!! I'm on day 5. I lost my little boy in November at 21 wks then had two chemical pgs in April and July it is soooo stressful you get your hopes up and boom it's gone:(

in answer to your question about opks they are brilliant and have definitely played a part in me falling pg ( I have 3 children and also used these for two of those) I use cheapies from the pound shop (5 in a pack ) or savers £1 for 5 too. I also use clear blue as Chazzad says its good back up to get your smiley face!!

these clear blue tests are £10 in Asda at the moment which is such a bargain they are upto £26 in Boots!! 

I prefer the original test just smiley yes empty circle no nice and easy!! The newer version flashes all the time as it thinks you're near ovulation and static smiley on day of actual ovulation! People in the reviews have said it gets stuck on flashing so they are never sure if ovulated and when?!! 

Defo grab from Asda whilst cheap Amazon have them on offer too and the cheapie ones are excellent value too.

good luck we all need those BFP!!!

• Options

Oooh thanks for that I'll definitely pop to asda today after work. i know when I had my miscarrige it was just like oh what do we do now we made all these plans then that was that nightmare! Thanks for the advice ladies I'll definitely get on the opks this month! Xx

• Options

Hi Poppy, 

You're not going mental! I've been through the same thin very recently...

I found out I was pregnant when I went to the walk-in centre for what i thought was a UTI. We had been trying for 2 months and the nurse had to guess that I was about 6weeks along. I had no idea because as far as I was concerned I had had my period 2weeks before this. Obviously this was a concern along with my abdominal pain...cutting a long story short they eventually said I had had a miscarriage. Devastated. 

Now I have finally had a negative pregancy test (which I had to wait for before I could try again). 

I feel like a woman possesed! I have 2 apps to follow for ovulation and im forever checking my boobs in case they're tender. I think I'm imagining I have symptoms half the time because I want to be pregnant again so bad! 

You're not alone! 

• Options

I know exactly how you feel Tori. Luckily (I say luckily but you know what i meen) by the time I had a scan to confirm the miscarrige they did a test at the hospital and It was negative then. I had a period exactly 4 weeks later and we were straight back on the horse. I didn't realise how desperate for a baby I was until that happend if I'm honest xxx

• Options

Me either. It was a weird situation for me because as far as I was concerned I was in my 2week waiting period. I found out I had miscarried the day I found out I was pregnant! Whirlwind of emotions and I never knew i could cry so much image

All back to normal now (hormonal wise) and like u...back on the horse... I hate this waiting game!

• Options

I know especially this first two weeks! It's so boring haha