Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

late period - but Negative tests

I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar to me.

I have a 25mth and 6mth old.  We are trying for our 3rd baby.  My period has always been very regular to the hr nearly.

I had my first period last mth and it is now 1 day late but clear-blue pregnancy test was negative this morning.  Any comments very much appreciated.

Replies

• Options

Hi laura, I'm 8 days late for my af today.  I did 2 tests last week both were negative.  I was due on last Sunday, I tested tuesday and Thursday.  Perhaps you ovulated later than normal? I'm waiting to see if af comes this week, if not I will test again. I'm now thinking it's because of coming off the pill and my body is takin it's time getting back to normal though. 

There have been a couple of women on here who started with a negative and ended up being pregnant. Good luck to you x

• Options

I've had the same issue...usually very regular now 4 days late..negative test today I ovulated on the 6th of sept so just don't know if it was too early to test..its all very confusing..good luck to you both 

• Options

hi  have just seen all of your posts and I am in the same situation as you, I am 2 weeks late now and negative clear blue tests but feel pregnant and I'm hoping I am! By now I'm guessing you would know if your pregnant please can you tell me so I have hope! 

• Options

I'm the same. 6 days late and feel pregnant yet I've had two very very faint positives from boots own tests and two negatives from clear blue digital. Don't know what to think. image

• Options

Lorna - no I was not pregnant - think maybe my periods had not dettled doen afte having the baby - but i did get pegnant the following month - so am not 7 weeks - so don't loose hope - you just have 2 weeks to try again.

Mrs Jones - the following month i got clear blue and i could see the line just about but my husband could not even though i was 1 day late - it was so faint,  i could't wait so got the pregnant/not pregnant type and came up pregnant.
    I think if there is any sort of line at all means you are pregnant - congradulations!

• Options

sorry i can't spell

Lorna - no I was not pregnant - think maybe my periods had not settled down after having the baby - but i did get pregnant the following month - so am not 7 weeks - so don't lose hope - you just have 2 weeks to try again.

Mrs Jones - the following month i got clear blue and i could see the line just about but my husband could not even though i was 1 day late - it was so faint,  i couldn’t wait so got the pregnant/not pregnant type and came up pregnant.
    I think if there is any sort of line at all means you are pregnant - congratulations!

• Options

Thanks for your reply laura and congrats!.  Might be the same situation with me but my body is messed up from coming off the pill ☹️ I wish tempted  back doctors and ask for blood tests to be sure but I don't know what to do really, it's going take longer to try again if my period is going miss this month! 

• Options

Hi ladies I hope you don't mind me joining in on your conversation. I am in the same boat. I came off the pill nearly 5 months ago it took about 6 weeks for my Periods to get back on track again. But since then they have bin ontime everymonth intill this month. i am 12 days late i last took a test on the 2nd November last Monday it was negitive. I'm still holding on to a tiny bit of hope. I havent really had any pregnancy signs but I never did with my first born!! Should I just wait for my next period or test again? 

• Options

Leo84- how long were you on  the pill for? what were your periods llike when you came off ? I have been off since i finsihed  the pack at the end of August and I had a dodgy period at the end of September and nothing in October I am 14 days late, is that like you?  I also keep getting negative tests but stomache ache and my boobs are sore. i would go doctors if I was you they should be able give you blood tests when your 2 weeks late as my doctor has told me go back some if I still have not come on next week. 

• Options

Hi Leo, what pregnancy test are you taking - get a digital one, that says either pregnant or not pregnant - the ones with the lines were coming up negative for me - the suspense must be killing you.

I know some people just register low pregnancy hormone - hopefully this is you.

• Options

Hi ladies. I have bin using boots home brand test i also used asda test too all negitive. I really hope I am low in pregnancy hormones. I came off cerazette pill (not sure if the spelling is right) In June i didn't have a period while I was on that pill for nearly 2 years as it was a pill u took with no breaks. then my periods came back to normal in August then since then I have ran a 28day cycle never bin late and was never late in the past with my periods Either. its just really odd I'm not getting any signs of pregnancy or any signs or period either?? I'm tempted to go to the shop and buy a new test tomorrow. I really hate blood test so trying to avoid them as much as possible. I'm praying to a positive soon I want the wait is killing me. Are you guys in the same boat? Xx

• Options

Yeah similar boat but I actually do have symptoms now Ive  stomache pain for the past 2 weeks keep thinkin I'm going have a period but then nothing.. my tests are negative but surely it would show by now ? I don't know what to do. I was on the cilest pill and I did have a break , my periods used to be regular before I was even on the pill but now all the sudden it's not appeared this month. I might go doctors  blood tests i hunk you should too that way you can be sure , prgnancy tests may not detect hormones it but I'd keep trying if you prefer them x 

• Options

Yes you should go for a blood test and I no I should too but I think I'm going to wait to see if I come on when I should come on this month which is the 20th. that would mean Iv skipped a period though 😏 Which ir really odd but if I don't then I will go for a blood test if I don't get a positive. one of my friends friend took loads of test and it wasn't intill she was 22days late when she got her positive so there is hope yet. is it a common thing for people to get a negitive test but be Preg? Xx

• Options

Yes there is still hope! We just have to be patient its so hard though isn't it! That's why I have come on here it is comforting to know others go through the same thing and understand 😊.  Yes I would wait until your next period is due mine isn't due until 25th or sometime around then so I might try and wait if I can be patient. Please let me know how you go on x

• Options

Oh dont worry I will let you know for sure either way and same goes for u! It messes u up though don't it cause we have no idea on weather we are ovulating on the date u should be so I suppose we just have to keep trying either way. Iv decided Im going to get another test tomorrow and test again. I just want to no either way. xxx

• Options

Yes  will keep you informed 😊I  feel like all my friends around  are pregnant and got through it easily but not with me! 🙈 yes that's the thing you don't know when you have ovulated and that could be one of the reasons why  could be getting negatives is that we ovulated later than we think? 

oh are you! I'm glad you are and please let me know the results ! fingers crossed ! Xx

• Options

Good luck with the test today Leo 

Lorn - not sure why else you period would not come - can you go doctors so they can do a pregnancy blood test. 

• Options

The only other reason it could be is because I have come off the pill but then I still had a small  last month but nothing this month? I might try go doctors it's just difficult with getting time off work 😞  my boobs are now very sensitive and sore which me making me wonder now, I will keep you informed anyway.

hope to hear of Leo today too 

• Options

Hi ladies I have took another test today which is showing negitive 😫😫😫again. what the hell is going on I'm really fed up of getting my hopes up now!! How's things with you lorn125? Xx

• Options

Ohh Noo Sorry to hear that 😞 its so fustrating isn't it and heartbreaking! I'm in exactly the same boat though, I'm  thinking about doing another test tomorrow morning and if negative once again I'm going back doctors next week. You can have a still pregnancy or something xx