Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Did I have a bleed and still pregnant or are my hormone levels still high after misscarriage?

Hi all, here's my story. I got my first postive test on Friday past.

On Saturday I started to bleed, sat was like a light period, sun got heavier and I passed clots through the day, mon got lighter but still like a period. Tues it stopped in morning but came back through the day but lighter. It has stopped this morning. Note in relation to dated this would be when my AF was due.

I have been to my doctor on mon and had bloods taken and have to go back tomorrow as well. 

so I have been testing every morning and evening since I started bleeding on sat. What is confusing is that my test lines seem to be getting stronger.

This is my test from Saturday:

And here is my test from this morning:

I have been reading up on things (I know I shouldn't)  and I think I have 2 possible options.

1- some women seem to continue to have period like bleeds, this could explain the stronger line coming on the tests

2- I had a miscarriage and the hormone is still in my system hence the positive tests. But as I said I'm confused as the tests seem to be getting stronger.

so my question is really has anyone had period like bleeds and went on to be ok? Or has anyone had a miscarriage and it's taken time for tests to go negative? And has anyone's test line got stronger first?

sorry for the long post, it's just been a crazy week x 

Replies