Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 7

Hello everyone,

This is a new continuation thread for the all the people on the Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 6, as the sixth part of the thread has become huge and has so many pages, it's getting a bit hard to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough. Do let us know if that's not the case.

We'd like to wish you all well and lots of baby dust.

Replies

• Options

Hi everyone...

I'm having a tough day today. Been to see gp and requested a referral for early scan. She did it but says they may not agree to see me as I don't fit criteria (only 1 prev mc).

Have come home and found myself feeling really anxious all of a sudden... I'd been doing so well till now.

I got my 2-3 on cbd this morning so I know all heading in right direction but cramping has been bad today (I've had neat constant pelvic pain and cramping since beginning of jan) it reminds me of the mc :-(.

I'd been pinning my hopes on having a scan so I know there really is a baby this time... I think I'll go mad waiting until 12 weeks, expecting the worst every day :-/

Sorry to moan.... I know I'm lucky to have this chance, I just feel a bit overwhelmed xxx

• Options

Apricot, so sorry about the tough day you've had. When will you know if the referral is through? Is there anyway you can go for a private scan? I hope the cramps and pain will go away and that you'll feel better soon.

• Options

Thanks Dbear,

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow or Friday as referral should have been received same day. I want to make sure they know it's for a scan at 7-8 weeks as I know there is no point having one now- it's too soon to see anything (im only 5+3 by dates, and only 4+6 based on when ff said I ovulated based on my bbts).

Just resting in bed hoping the cramps settle. 

I'm having my pelvic scan tomorrow to look at possibly causes of the pain (requested before I got my bfp). Not sure what it might show- adhesions?, ovarian cyst? Nothing? But I know it will not be for looking at the pregnancy.... not sure what will be a good outcome to be honest- will it be good to have a cause or better to know nothing's wrong and not know why there is pain? 

A private scan might be a good solution tho, thanks... I'd forgotten about that option :-). If no joy with epu, I think I'll do that!

Xxx

• Options

Sorry to hear that Apricot I understand how your feeing. I had a 10 week scan on Monday and everything looked fine but today I havent been sick and now I'm worried something is wrong! Unfortunately a scan will only tell you if everything is ok up to that point so just hope for the best. cramps are normal in early pregnancy so just rest up and look after yourself x

• Options

Hi apricot Im a student midwife and you absolutely qualify for an early scan. Purely for tge reasons you have mentioned 

Explain to gp how anxious you are. We always arrange a scan for reassurance for women who have had even 1 previous loss xx

• Options

Apricot, good luck for the pelvic scan tomorrow. Hope it all turn out to be nothing and that youll have a smooth and healthy pregnancy.

• Options

Thanks guys. I know scan can only show all ok up to a point but after there being no baby at all last time, I just want to see that there is something this time!

Allybally, im a midwife too at my own local hospital and that still isn't enough... The epu can be notoriously iffy (short on funding i guess so they prioritise) and I generally don't like to push my "staff influence" as I believe the nhs is for everyone equally, but maybe I will have to bend my rules this time. My GP knows all about my anxiety already as ive been under gp care since my breakdown in December. 

It's a funny thing about being "in the trade" it really doesn't help at all... If anything I see things go wrong more often than most hear about and I know all the worst case scenarios! It seems that midwives generally have anxious pregnancies! 

Xxx

• Options

I'll agree 100% with that! I loved my 2 pregnancies prior to studying and now I know if I were to get pregnant again, I'll be very anxious tge whole nine months :/ it's very difficult xxx

• Options

Hope everything settles for you apricot.I had severe cramps and had scan at 6 weeks pregnant they found lot's of Lil gallstones But pain eased off.Hopefully they find nothing and all is well for you.It's horrible not knowing what is going on inour bodies.Good luck tomorrow x x.

Hope you're doing well mma x x

Well I'm due my af weekend and since all my ovulation strips shown negative results I guess I just have to hope I ovulate  after this af 😧 x x

• Options

Hi all, I'm new to this but It has really helped me reading everyone's posts. 

Tomorrow is 2 weeks since ovulation and 5 weeks after miscarriage.I will test for pregnancy tomorrow based on ovulation date. I feel very lucky to have even ovulatend so soon after complete miscarriage at 6 weeks pregnant. I don't feel pregnant at all where as last time I just knew I was😔 

i can not resist testing..... I would be totally shocked if I was, but I know I'll be gutted if I'm not 😓

• Options

Hey ladies,

today never worked out so well image lots of pain and laying around and a big fat nothing!!

I've to go back into hospital on friday for the d&c if the tissue hasn't dispersed on its own by then. feel like crying so bad but i feel like am holding it in for my partners sake he looks so tired and i want to make it better for us both its killing me to see him look so down because there's just nothing happening.

I keep on asking myself the same question over and over what have we done to deserve this???. I feel sick with the meds from today and i just want to sleep i feel like am going stir crazy. 

• Options

CharleneR im gutted for u that nothing happened!  I bet u have a million and one emotions running around ur body at the moment.  Hopefully things will start and then worse case will be Friday.  Try not to think too bad about d and c, mine wasnt that bad and have been told all went ok.

Ive also thought what have we done to deserve this bit have decided I can't beat myself up about it anymore.  Today I have felt more positive the best I've felt si far but it just takes time and that's different for all of us 

hope everyone is ok and doing ok xx

• Options

Charlene, sorry that you're feeling all the pain and emotions. Take heart that it's still possible for the tissue come out before Friday. And if it doesn't, I'll sure the doc will want to make sure it's absolutely removed during d&c on Friday. After all these, you can start moving on. 

• Options

Welcome optimistic, keep us posted. I'm due to test in a few days but not optimistic. Not feeling any different so far. ;(

• Options

thanks ladies,

i just want my health back at least that Andrew is hurting to see me in pain all the time he feels helpless that there's nothing he can do, i just want to hold him tight and tell him everythings going to be ok but the not knowing myself would be lying.

i've been sent to bed to get a sleep and hes going to keep giving me my pain relief when needed the man is such an angel i really wouldn't know what to do without him.

• Options

So sorry to hear this Charlene. Really hope something happens for you tomorrow, but if not then by the weekend you will be once more on the way to recovering. 

Xxx

• Options

I'm so sorry Charlene I was really hoping the meds would work for you, I've had 2 d and c and both time where fine for me, fingers cross it comes away by it self before Friday, I'm so happy half is being there for you, it makes it that bit more easier when you have them by your side xxxx 

• Options

i tried to get organised last night by getting a pregnancy test out of the cupboard to find all I had was ovulation tests. So I can not test this morning but I have a bit of tummy ache so I assume I'll just come on my period today 😔if I dont I'll call to boots after work and test tomorrow. 

Hope everyone else is ok, sending best wishes to you all x

• Options

Morning ladies. 

I'm 6dpo today. My breasts are tender and slightly swollen. I'm praying this is good news but also know it's very early to even have these symptoms. 

Charlene hope you have a restful day. Sounds like you are being taken good care of xx

• Options

Hey gummy bear 9, this is how I felt last time I got pregnant !!!! So good luck to you 😊 this is why I don't think I am this time as I'm due my period today but dont have tingling nipples !!!! Good luck x