Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

when can i take a test.

had the implant out in January was carefull till around March then started trying up until about start of June i was just taking as I found it nothing to worry about just thought it will happen when it happens but now im getting a little impatient.  I got caught with my daughter (now 3) very quickly in fact after about 2 weeks of trying but was on the pill at the time.

im 7 days from getting my period and wondered when you can take tests.  I did stupidly do one this morning but it was negative so dont know if this is becuase im not or because its to early. 

it did take till March for my periods to come back but since then they have been 31 days very heavy and i get ovulation pains and changes in my body when im ovulating so im presuming nothing wrong, but you never know!!

guess i thought it would of happened by now.image

Replies

• Options

try not to panic it is still early days, though i understand your impatience.  As long as you and your chap are doing all the healthy eating/exercise things that will help, and you obviously know your body well and can spot the right changes at the right time.  Depending on your age if you don't have any luck in the next few months a trip to your gp might help just to check up on some blood tests etc which will put your mind at ease.  Take no notice of hpt so early in your cycle my advice is to wait until you are at least a day late before trying one otherwise you risk wasting your money and making yourself anxious. take care and lots of luck im sure you will get good news soon image

• Options

Thankyou.  i have taken no more tests but the period turned up today so thats 3 months of proper trying with no luck.  You just presume it will be like last time.... oh i was wrong.  I have been good since January loosing weight always active anyway and really got in tune with my monthly.  It will happen im sure although work is hurrendously stressful so im worried thats hampering me.  ill try to relax, thanks for advise. image