Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hopefully pregnant! Help

I had a miscarriage last april/may, and we stopped trying as I wanted my body to recover and we decided to get married! I'm not using any pill or implant etc & I was fertile yesterday(monday) and we had sex on the Wednesday and the Sunday! What the chance of being pregnant?! Help! I want to start family! 

Replies

• Options

sperm can live up to 5 days in the correct environment, so if you have done it in a fertile time then its possible. 

Fertile time is actually the 4 days leading up to OV and OV day, so unless you are tracking ovulation it would be difficult to say either way - just have to wait until your missed period

• Options

When I check online calculate it says I'm fertile on the monday! So Sunday would of been the concive date! So just gonna wait until I'm on and go from there! X

• Options

An app can't tell you when you will or won't ovulate.

You will generally ovulate 2 weeks before your next period is due - this time period never changes, so if you ovulate earlier in your cycle then your period will be earlier. If you ovulate later your period will be later. Multiple things can alter these days like stress or medication - is actually quite rare to ovulate on the same day every month!

Women are fertile in the 4 days leading up to ovulation and on the day of ovulation - it takes several hours for a sperm to meet the egg once its released, and that's why they say to have sex in the days leading up to ovulation so that there are sperm waiting.... the egg only lives 12-24 hours, so if there isn't a sperm to meet it then it won't fertilize.

It also takes 4 days for the egg to travel to the cervix and its at least 6 days before implantation would take place with another 4 days before HCG would be picked up on a test. 

Good luck and hope you miss your period