Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Should you always believe a negative test???

Hi, new to this. 

Hubby and I been together for 7 years and now TTC. 

My whole life I have had clockwork periods. 31 days between each pretty much to the day. 

We have now been TTC for 4 months. This month, I was due on Wednesday 23rd August. Nothing was there in the morning so I did a test which was BFN. 

Decided to give it some time. It has now been 33 days since my last period. I have no pregnancy symptoms but no period symptoms either. Literally nothing.

I am literally shaking everytime I go to the toilet!

The only thing I did do differently this month was start taking 400mg of follic acid every morning. But according to google that should not impact my periods.

When do you people think I should take another test? Could it be that we conceived later and HCG just wasn't high enough?

Really loving this forum idea. Haven't told anyone that we are TTC so it is nice to have people in similar situations to talk to. 

Replies

• Options

Hello! It could be that you ovulated later than normal, hence the BFN/no period. Are you tracking ovulation at all? If I were you I would give it a couple more days then if still no period then try a First Response with first morning urine. Good luck! x

• Options

I have usually been able to tell so have not been tracking but if this month didn't work then will certainly buy a kit for next month.

Have decided to wait until Monday morning if still not got period as it is bank holiday and hubby will be home :) 

Will keep you updated and thanks so much for your response!