Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Could I be pregnant?

So this is our first month TTC. I came off the pill about 11 months ago. Periods were irregular at first cycles lasting 21 - 37 days. The last 3 months they have been on average 28 days give or take a day or two. I don't track ovulation using sticks or anything but according to my app I should ovulate day 14/15. We had sex day 13, 15 and 17. I am now roughly 6 dpo and since 3 dpo I have been getting very odd cramps in my stomach. It feels as if someone has punched me. Sometimes it's also like shooting pains. i had nausea for about 5 to 10 minutes yesterday but that's it. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was of course negative but it would be too early to test anyway. I worried that I'm having some phant pregnancy and I'm convincing myself that I am pregnant when I'm not. 

Replies

• Options

Premenstrual symptoms and pregnancy symptoms can be pretty much identical so sadly it is just a waiting game game. 

The earliest you could test is 10dpo but even then some women don't get a positive until after their period is due.

Good luck but try not to drive yourself .as symptom spotting

A lot of women on here will tell you every month they have felt something and convinced themselves but then the witch arrived as usual

The only sure sign is a missed period

• Options

Thanks for your reply. I guess I will just have to wait it out. As hard as it is. I'm hanging on to every symptom at the moment image