Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HELP SO SO CONFUSED ANYONE

hi ladies I'm so confused and any help would be much appreciated .ok here goes sorry if I give tmi but want an honest answer ok I had sex with my partner on the last day of my period the day after I noticed I have get stretchy gel like mucus as you know this can be a sign of been fertile so I wondered if I may of ovulated late 5/6 days later all of a sudden I felt a wetness on checking I found I had a lot of clear stretchy mucus , I'm sorry for saying this but at one point was hanging from me I wiped and noticed this had a light pink tinched to some of the clear mucus .I had a slight back ache today no mucus or pink . But my opk is positive And getting darker by the day Help I'm not sure what is going on image

Replies

• Options

That’s a negative OPK. For it to be positive the test line (the one furthest away from the blue but) has to be at least as dark, if not darker than the control line. Your test line here is much lighter so is negative.

How long are your cycles usually? (from first day of period to first day of next period). You can expect to ovulate approx 14 days before the start of your next period... so unless your cycles are very short it is unlikely that you ovulated the day after your period ended... it’s usually around a week or so after if you have a 28ish day cycle. The mucus you saw the day after sex was probably just leftover semenal fluid. 

The mucus you saw 5/6 days after your period ended is much more likely to be your fertile mucus. 

Good luck!

• Options

Hi sw2 I have pcos and fibroid and lost a baby in July my period can be dif lengths. But normaly 28 day just weird I had so much clear mucus during the time I had sex which shows I must of been fertile then 5/6 days later I have the thick clear gel and pink blood tinched mucus any way  since my last post opk are getting darker I'm so tired all the time and I'm now have cream mucus I'm not here for someone to say oh yes your pregnant just because people think it's what I want to hear I'm here for gen advice my opk is darker now and getting so by the day I have attached a pic I have kids so this is not about me desperate for kids I'm 44 and have kids ages from 22 down to 2 all situation are dif and wanted advice thanks kaz image

• Options

I’m not sure why you’re looking for people to say... you asked for honest advice & I gave it. Is there something i missed?

That’s still not a positive OPK yet kazz... the test line needs to be at least as dark as the control line. The fact that is is getting darker would suggest That you might be gearing up to ovulate... keep testing & hopefully you’ll get a positive in the next few days

• Options

Sw2 the clear mucus wasn't on the same day as the day I had sex I got this streachy Clear mucus the day after so the semen would of been out of me by then and the stretchy light pink tinched mucus only happend two times in two days the first was slightly darker more a brown then nothing then this light pink stretchy gel mucus now completely done and opk getting darker by the day I had some back ache and haven't had any white discharge for years now I can feel damp coming out of me only to find white patches in my underwear the reason I'm confused as all this started after I had sex in the last day of my period when I shouldn't be ovulating thanksimageimageimageimage

• Options

Sorry sw2 that came out wrong I didn't mean it to come out that way . Basically I have never ever had that fertile type mucus when my period was ending nor have I had that pink with the heavy stre mucus this only lasted  a t times in two days now I'm having cream discharge i just don't get why when this has never happened in my cycle normal I have a period no mucus I ovulate no discharge that I notice the all started again image

• Options

This is today's opk I should ovulate about the 20thimageimage

• Options

how long should I have a positive opk least 

• Options

Yep that’s positive now Kas so you will ovulate within the next 12-36 hours. Ovulation is timed from the 1st positive OPK so regardless of how long it stays positive, you should ovulate within 36 hours of the 1st one. So for that reason OPK  makers say stop testing once you get a positive. For those ladies that do continue to test it seems to vary as to how long it stays positive for... some less than a day, some for several days... but it makes no difference in the end. 

Good luck! 

• Options

hi sw2 thanks for your reply I am testing as I want to see if this surge gets stronger as I have been able to tell if I'm pregnant this way with my last two children wanted to see if I ovulated early in my cycle and the mucus and pink was implatation I will keep u posted thanks hun

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Options

Hi Hun thanks for replying to my post  I am due on tomorrow and I do get a faint second line on opk a fees days before period but very faint this month I'm due in in less than 2 days and as well as the other things I told u about prev my cervix is still high and wet  cm this is my opk today as I said I do get a very faint line just before period but has never been this dark so near to period I know it's not  pos but they are way lighter before my period like barely there line image