Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

miscarriage at 5 1/2 weeks

Hi everyone wondering if anyone can help 

On April 3rd 2018 I felt pregnant took a test and sure enough bright positive right away. April 8th I had slight back pain and an hour later started spotting. On April 9th I started spotting again so went to er at 11 at night. What a nightmare. They took my blood to check hcg levels and told me I soon would be taking up for a transvaginal ultrasound. When I got back from ultrasound doctor came in and told me my hcg levels came back at 99 and that ultrasound showed a sac but no baby yet that maybe hcg was low because I was earlier then I thought or miscalculated my dates which I know I didn't. They told me to go home and to just wait to miscarry if I don't then congrats on pregnancy. I asked them to please just be straight forward with me if Im miscarrying or not and they told me with the spotting and it being off n on just for two days I shouldn't worry. 2 days later on April 10th I woke up to bad back pain again and bright red blood. Later around dinner went to bathroom and had a heavy blood flow with huge clots. Next day slowed down then day after heavy again with more large clots. Then bleeding stayed consistent for the next 10 days with a clot here and there. On the 21st of April bleeding completely went away. So I thought okay it's okay I felt amazing and full of energy again. So husband and I did the baby dance for the next 5 days then April 28th and 29th had pale pink light spotting off n on all day only when I wiped and now today April 30th my flow is light and bright red with tiny tiny pieces of blood. I'm so confused so took a test and it's still not a bright positive but dark enough to see clearly. What does this mean ? My obgyn and er told me they couldn't see me I'm just still miscarrying. I just want to start trying for our rainbow baby and have no clue what it going on with my body at all . And with er and obgyn not wanting to see me is mind blowing. I thought since on April 8th my level were 99 that the hcg after I bleed heavy with alot of clots and headachs that my hcg would have been back to 0 by now. If anyone could give me advice or help I would greatly appreciate it. 

Replies

• Options

I miscarried at 7 weeks but first bfp on 1st April. I don't know what to say other than I sympathise and I hope you're ok as can be. Your head must be in bits. Please keep me updated and I hope someone has some useful information for you xxx

• Options

Thank you tons of just feel completely alone my husband and I are in rage that hospitals and obgyn near us are just telling me to wait it out I will keep you updated on anything if I ever get answers 

• Options

your new test maybe picking up your old pregnancy hormones retest In 48 hrs if the line gets darker than it should be a new pregnancy, good luck! 

• Options

So your thinking because I stopped bleeding for a full week and now am bleeding it could be a new pregnancy? 

Thank you for giving me hope 😀

• Options

Sorry i thought you thought you could possibly be pregnant again that’s why I had said about re testing in 48hrs. (But try it in case) xx