Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Negative HPT - Next step bloods!

Good evening, I am just writing up this thread going out of my mind.

A bit of information, I have adenomyosis so my periods are heavy, painful and just awful. I am usually wiped out for atleast a week. But my last two periods have been very lights, (tmi?) but I have used no more than 3 sanitary products in the time as there was no need. and hardly any pains.

I stopped bleeding 3 days ago, and today I started to get a dull ache like a period pain.

I decided that I needed to go to the doctors as as much as I'm not complaing, it is very unsual for me. 

I went to see the nurse, sat down and told her the basics and straight away she said "You are pregnant" I asked the usual questions of but would i still have a period type bleed and she said it is more common than what people think to bleed during pregnancy.

She did a test and it came back negative and she said "I am really sorry but I am not convinced, are you ok having blood work done" So I was like yeah thats fine and I am getting them done tomorrow. She was wonderful and is more than happy to support me throughout what ever the outcome is. 

I have no idea how far along I would be, I am going to say 8 week max. Has anyone ever experienced negative urine tests but had a positive bloods test? I don't want to convince myself that it could come back positive. 

Thank you for reading.

Replies

• Options

What a lovely nurse to take your concern seriously! With my son I didn’t test possitive till over a week late and I’ve seen many women post they haven’t tested possitive till late too so very common. When do you get your results? All crossed for you xx

• Options

Thank you for your reply, unfortunatly we have no idea when I would have caught on because of the light "periods" I have had but this hasn't one bit made the nurse thing it is not possible. 

I am going down to have my bloods taken this afternoon because they shut before I could get there yesterday, so I will most likely get my results on monday! 

So many different emotions right now! haha

• Options

This is a bit of a bump with updated information.

I got negative blood tests. But what is unusual for me is i've had cramping ever since that last period, i've not been able to get an appointment with the same nurse yet.

This weekend, I had a very small leak out of one of my nipples! I have not had that since I had my youngest. 
    But my main reason for posting the update is my weight gain! I have just stepped on the scale to discover I have gained 4lb in 2 weeks! That is a massive 10lb total in just short of 3 months!

Has anyone got any ideas whats going on? I will be going back to the doctors but my body is going absolutely crazy at the moment. Even if I'm not pregnant, what could this be?