Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

confused

Hi all, looking for some advice, I took a test yesterday which came up positive (digital test with letters so no Confusion over faint lines etc) I have the Merina Coil so thought it highly unlikely I was pregnant but I have been tired, cramping and having backache for the past week and my stomach is bloated so thought best to put my mind at ease. After the positive my partner and I ran out to get another test which was negative. I have followed with another 4 which were negative. Should I just take the first as a false ?

Replies

• Options

Thats a tricky one! I would usually say it’s extremly rare to get a false positive... did you take the others straight after? (Your pee will have not been so concentrated if so). I would say test tomorrow with first morning pee (before you drink anything too) & see what it says. If it’s positive then make a doctors appointment ASAP as pregnancy with a coil fitted can be dangerous for you as well as the baby. 

Let us know what happens!

• Options

Hi, I tested straight after as I was totally shocked this one was negative. I tested next morning first thing in morning and was negative. All have been negative since . I've made an appointment for doctors tomorrow as I'm having major pains in my back and shoulder which I'm hoping is not signs of an ectopic pregnancy :( can't get any of my clothes fastened comfortably either! Will update what the doctor says.

• Options

Hi I need some help.I have been ttc for 6 years now.I had my last af in june.I normally have irregular cycles as I have PCOS.On Friday afternoon I randomly took cheap ebay test and saw a faint line on the strip.Two hours after that took first response pregnancy test and it was negative.Yesterday morning again it showed faint on ebay test.Today morning did test with second urine and it was faint again with ebay test.3 hours later tested again but it's negative.Don't understand what is going on.I don't want to put my hopes down as I want to get pregnant very badly.Any responses will be of great help for me.