Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

To test or not?

Hi! Newbie here image just looking for an opinion on whether to test or not. Sorry for the essay! We are ttc baby#3. Dd1 sadly passed away in 2013, had our beautiful rainbow end of 2014. Had implant out March this year. Had a 23 day cycle that first one and bang on 30 day cycles since then. Ttc was taking over my brain and i was moodier moodier getting bfns so I stopped tracking everything and uninstalled the apps and we decided to just let it happen. 

So af visited 1st July as expected. I've always been one of those that get awful afs - bad enough to make you hate being female! Following the last few cycles she should of visited again 31st of July. But she decided to turn up Wednesday just gone on 25th July.  But verry light and only on tissue. Thursday still when wipe but out for the day and didn't want to get caught so wore a pad. Empty. But still when wipe. Friday another pad, tiny amount, but redder when wipe. Not enough to fill a pad but a little more than day before. Today gone back to only when wipe and looks like it's running its course. 

So Wednesday I assumed early af, not amused but carried on my business. Turned to dr google where I find out about implantation bleeding. Go on 3 different implantation calculators, not knowing when I actually o'd as I've never took temps or done opks. All 3 say implantation on 25th/26th. I secretly got my hopes up and got exited like I did everytime when I was following apps (silly me!). But ib is supposed to be pink/brown. Mine started pink was redder now back to pink. Nowhere near my usual af. But defo a a little more than just spotting  

So my question is, if this was you, would you poas and when? Or take it that af has been lenient on you this month? I promised myself I wouldnt get my hopes up this month and I was doing well and thought i was out until I turned to Dr Google about why my cycles just suddenly got shorter!  

Replies

• Options

Hi there it could well be ib I would definitely test but give time for hcg to build up, but if you dont think you can handle a bfn wait An see how your cycle plans out, good luck x

• Options

I'm quite thankful this weekend that I work nightshifts as by the time i finish tomorrow morning then sleep then back again then home to sleep and wake up Monday it'll be too late to travel anywhere to buy a test. So Tuesday I'm thinking of testing  and hoping. If I wasnt working I'm sure id be poas daily and end up getting wound up with all the bfns! The spotting had completely stopped a couple hours of posting that thread too. Thanks for the reply x 

• Options

Hi lovely.   Sorry to hear of your loss x. 

I agree with Loz  

You do what you want though.  Wait a few more days to build up hcg yes 

Sending baby dust xx