Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is this implantation bleeding?

Hi everybody, 

This would officially be my first post on here and I can only apologise that's its about blood. 

So I would say I know my periods but I wouldn't say I know them like the back of my hand. A clear indicator is always a shooting pain I get up my backside a day before the outpour. Everytime that happens I always apologise to my partner in a jokingly way. I'm also quite a heavy flow and I'm the worst at night. I could wake up and the area around my vagina on my legs will be red. Not pretty to say the least.

Anyway, about 9 days ago my partner finally gave me the go ahead that we can start trying and I was over the moon because I literally thought I had to wait until my 30s or late 30s.

Okay, back to the bleeding. The other day I noticed a little blood on my knickers and straight away my first reaction was "Oh well there's always next time. Time to enjoy my period" despite being early. However the thought 'Implantation bleeding' popped into my head and I swear ever since then I've been monitoring my blood flow lol. So after that little spotting I was dry for a day. Yesterday I wouldn't say I was heavy but I was bleeding so I decided to put a pad on to track my bleeding. One thing I noticed was the colour was pink which really stood out to me and of course the lightness of it all. As the night went on I started to feel light twinge cramps in the lower part of my tummy. When I woke up this morning I felt drenched and I was a little disheartened because it was the same feeling I get when I'm on my period. I said goodbye to my partner as he left for work feeling a little down. I rushed to the toilet expecting a bloodbath but when I checked my pad it was the exact same as it was last night. Nothing changed. 

This definitely feels abnormal for me. What do you guys think?

Thank you for reading X 

Replies

• Options

It is possible to be pregnant despite the bleeding. Did you do pregnancy test? I'd start with that

Were you bleeding on expected AF date? Or before that?

• Options

Before AF. I kind of want to wait to do a pregnancy test. If I don't have my period by the 6th then I'll probably test. 

• Options

In that case it could be implantation bleeding :) good luck