Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

18 Months Trying to Concieve... Starting to feel like it will never happen

Hi there :)

Me and my husband have been TTC since May 2017 with no joy. We have an appointment in a few weeks with the GP to see what we can do to boost our chances. My husband is very supportive and wants a baby as much as I do but he keeps saying "it will happen when it happens". Its starting to drive me crazy and affect our relationship.

I'm starting to dread it each month when I know my period is arriving and I'm still not pregnant. I'm trying to resist the urge and stop doing pregnancy tests each month as I just end up disappointed and upset. I was on the pill and my periods have taken a while to become 'normal' again. My cycles at the minute are between 35-40 days long, has anyone else had similar cycle length and still managed to conceive??

I'm trying to be more chilled out about it and just take it as it comes but its difficult, especially when friends and family members have become pregnancy so easily... Some without even TTC.

I'm new to this site, I often read the threads but have never posted before, so I'm a little nervous :)

Anyone else feeling the same? Or any advice from anyone?

Thanks in Advance :)