Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Everyone is pregnant but me just how tormenting and difficult not being able to conceive is

Hi everyone, 

Tonight my best friend told me she was pregnant - and I am elated for her! I love her so much and she’s going to be the most amazing mum...But, I am heartbreakingly devastated for me. 

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a while now, we had a MC in December 2018- day before New Years of 2019. So I’m already feeling sensitive and emotional, but what gets me is that every single person around me is pregnant. I am not exaggerating, 28 people in my life have announced they’re expecting and I just feel cheated because I’ve been with my husband for 8.5 years and this is something we so desperately want. 

I love my best friend and I will be there for her, but I just feel really sad always and I don’t want to be this sad person around her or my husband or other friends. I feel like everyone is judging me for not being pregnant or pressuring me and I feel ashamed that I am the problem, even though I am fit, healthy, never smoked, drunk or taken drugs, I have had every test come back normal, i am taking elevit and I am tracking my ovulation three different ways. 

Lately, I have avoided people who are pregnant. Like my husbands best friends wife, who got pregnant after the first month of trying, and who quote on quote “wished she was baron”. If she only knew what I wold give to be pregnant. Every person around me at work or who is close to me or who isn’t even close to me is having a baby and I just can’t understand what I’m doing wrong or what I could be doing more. 

The worst is the unsolicited advice people have been giving me, like “you just need to relax” or “it will happen when the times right” or “you’re next”. It hurts to hear and it hurts to feel. 

I feel horrible for feeling like this, but I truly don’t think a lot of people in my life understand just how tormenting and difficult it is to go through this, the one thing I want more than anything in the world and it’s out of my control. I am heartbroken. 

The only person getting me through this is my amazing husband who tonight took me to get ice cream for dinner in the middle of my red blotchy cried out face, and admitted he was going through the same emotions as me- just with less crying. 

I believe in god, and I know I should have more faith, but I just feel really hopeless at the moment. 

I want to hope that my time is next but my positivity is fading and I fear I’m going to lose the person I am over this. 

Thanks for listening. I really hope all of you on here experiencing the same heartache that I am are able to have a bubba soon. 

Replies

• Options
    Hiya, I totally understand how you feel, I also suffered from a miscarriage on the 18th of December 2018 being 7/8 weeks pregnant. Me and my partner have been ttc for a year come May. You are right no one understands the tourment of everyday life when ttc is the only thing you think about! 

My cousin fell pregnant with her second (and she said it was an accident) a month before I did. When I had my miscarriage the next day she announced her pregnancy all over social media knowing I had miscarried! This broke my heart as I would never do that, and to top it off my cousin hasn’t spoke to me since and I’m meant to be going to her baby shower in May! 

Unfortunately this isn’t something we can control even tho we wish we could and we just have to wait for it to happen, so are lucky and won’t have to wait long whereas some people do. 

Just know you aren’t the only one in this situation and the support on this website has been amazing for me! So I’m sure you can get some support! Sending you lots of hugs xxx
  • Options

Hello, I also suffered a miscarriage in October and have been trying ever since. A lot of relatives, close friends, friends, and acquaintances have announced shortly after my mc that they are pregnant. It is a constant reminder to see their growing bump, that we failed at conceiving. Knowing that we can get pregnant is a relief, but with each passing month I can't help but worry something must be wrong.

We are all in this together! Some have it easier than others, but everyone here is so understanding and friendly! Hope you find the support that you need, and that your luck turns soon xx