Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confused, need my body to tell me what's going on!

So I am not 10 days late for my period which is very unlike me. I'm normally regular 29 day cycle. Home pregnancy tests have been negative. I went to the doctors on day 8 having some pain in my low left side pelvis area. Doctor did a blood test which also came back negative. Went to the doctors again today as still getting pain and I have a slight urine infection. Still no period. Doctors told me to retake another pregnancy every week. This is driving me insane as we have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years

Replies

• Options
    @Nicjohar oh I'm sorry, this must be so frustrating for you!
    Are you still in pain? Did your doctor say why your period might be late?

• Options
    Yeah still have some pain not as bad as it was though. Been given some antibiotic's. No doctor hasn't said why I might be late. Basically said one of either 2 things will happen. I'll either get my period or a positive test. 
  • Options
    @Nicjohar I guess you already knew they were the 2 options without going to your doctor. If none of these happen did the doctor say when to go back see them?

I have no experience with what you are experiencing but I read this on web MD:

Two types of blood pregnancy tests are available:

A qualitative hCG test simply checks to see if hCG is present. It gives a "yes" or "no" answer to the question, "Are you pregnant?" Doctors often order these tests to confirm pregnancy.

A quantitative hCG test (beta hCG) measures the exact amount of hCG in your blood. It can find even very low levels of hCG.

So did the doctor measure your hcg level?

Hopefully you are pregnant if this is so unusual for you to be late. It might just take a while for your hormal level to be detectable.

• Options
    Yeah doctor measured my hcg level. Fingers crossed, trying not to get my Hope's up. Really don't want the disappointment of constant negative tests 
  • Options
    Yeah it's almost best to assume you aren't pregnant to save the disappointment. But until your period arrives there is hope so fingers crossed.