Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC in July - want to join?

Hi all

I'm starting to try again this month after a MC in May. It was my first pregnancy and it was my first month of trying properly so I'm hopeful that I can get pregnant, but I dont think my hormones are back to normal yet. I've been taking opks in the last couple of weeks but dont get a second line at all which I've taken to mean I'm not producing LH yet. This is day 2 of my first cycle since so I'm hoping it prompts my body to reset and that I can try again in about 2 weeks.

Anyway, it would be lovely to have some ladies  to share the process with. How are you?

Replies

• Options
    Hello, I am totally new to all this but I am now ttc although it could take a while as I’ve just come off the pill after being on it for 15 years!  All sorts of weird things are happening to me which I think are quite normal ... but it’s all so confusing! I have no idea about ovulation etc because I haven’t had a proper period since I was 16. Sorry for naivety but what is LH?   I think I’m on CD30 counting from day one of the withdrawal bleed but I have no real way of tracking anything atm. It helps to hear from others going through a similar journey. this already seems to be taking up a huge part of my thinking time and it’s only been a month  🙈😬  
  • Options
    Hey 😀 Me and my partner are going to start trying this months window. Im literally counting down the days. Ive been tracking my cycle for a good 6 months and my period and ovulation is to the day, so thats all good. Already feeling obsessed so I cant imagine what I will be like when we start!
  • Options
    Good luck this month after having a miscarriage. Took my husband and I 18 months to get pregnant with our 2nd baby that we lost. After a miscarriage it's easier to get pregnant . I got pregnant the 1st cycle we tried after my miscarriage. Now my son is 5 this month. We are trying again. This is our 2nd month trying for our 3rd and final baby. Kinda hoping to have a little a girl..I have 2 wonderful boys now. 🤞I'm just so nervous that it will take a long time like it did with our 2nd. 
  • Options
    Best of luck everyone for baby boom in July!!
    I'm ttc too after miscarriage in February. That would have been my first baby so a little worried about conceiving and baby staying put if I manage to get pregnant again. But let's hope!!! Trying to monitor everything, bbt, cm, opks, be as healthy as possible etc.
    For anyone who has had miscarriage.. It has taken me some time to get back to normal with hormones and periods it can be so frustrating. 
    Hope everyone feeling positive xx
  • Options
    Miscarriages are so common. I bet you will be fine once you get pregnant again ! I was scared too after mine even though I had one healthy baby already.  This is the month I got pregnant with the baby we lost last time. 
  • Options
    Thank you Christina I really hope so. Got to be positive. Its hard not to get a bit obsessed when ttc.. Doing better this month! How are you x
  • Options
    Hi all,
    I been a bit quiet for a couple months feeling really down, was actively trying for our first one since January and i am beginning to lose hope that it will never happen, i feel like since we have been trying my cycle has gone crazy.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the miscarriages girls.  This is my first month trying but already feel a bit obsessed! Every twinge has me thinking is this AF coming or could it be that I’m pg.  I have tests sat there but I’m too scared to take them for fear of getting the very likely BFN.  I’ve never POAS before. Sending positive thoughts to all x
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the miscarriages girls.  This is my first month trying but already feel a bit obsessed! Every twinge has me thinking is this AF coming or could it be that I’m pg.  I have tests sat there but I’m too scared to take them for fear of getting the very likely BFN.  I’ve never POAS before. Sending positive thoughts to all x
    Aww yesss it's the worst. Once you start trying you wonder every little thing you feel could be because your pregnant. I hate it. Hope you get a BFP quickly ❤️❤️TTC sucks. I'm 31 now. I got pregnant with my first at 21. So now with an almost 9 year old and almost 5 year old later this month. I don't want to take long getting pregnant. We had basically said we were done then just decided to habe one more. I just don't want to be in my late 30s having another baby and starting completely over.  I already somewhat feel nuts after having both my boys in school and wanting to start over 😂
  • Options
    Nish - I get a bit obsessive too.. I wondered if just me but I think quite common amongst us too get a little overwhelmed with it all. It can be so up and down emotionally being hopeful.. Then disappointed.. Then feeling it will never happen.. Then hopeful again.. Then thinking about time ticking away.. It's hard going!!  Talking on here often helps me.. And mostly staying occupied with other things helps to be honest.  Get off Google about ttc  too much. Internet shop.. Read.. Music.. Do anything else.. Make plans to look forward to!!  That would be the advice that helps me cope..xxx
  • Options
    nish2578 said:
    Hi all,
    I been a bit quiet for a couple months feeling really down, was actively trying for our first one since January and i am beginning to lose hope that it will never happen, i feel like since we have been trying my cycle has gone crazy.
    Don't lose hope !! I totally understand. I felt the same way as months passed..it's so frustrating when you see so many others getting pregnant without trying or very quickly. Sadly it's not typically that easy for most. It took exactly 18 months to get pregnant with the one I lost. Then 2 months after. The first cycle we tried I got pregnant again. I thought something had to be wrong with me. 😩 
  • Options
    @Herestohoping @Christina6217
    I always try to distract myself, But when all of your friends are getting pregnant and having babies, you cant help but feel sad. I am so hopeful on the two week wait, then AF rears her ugly head and i am crushed. I made an appt with the gyn to talk about my AF. Since i started trying, i have been spotting days before my period actually begin, and this month it has gotten worse, because i started spotting 6 days before it came and still spotting when its supposed to be finish. So maybe that is my problem but i am worried. I feel so defeated i dont even want to do opks or anything to depress me further.
  • Options
    I know exactly how you all feel. I’ve been trying for years and nothing :( I recently got on clomid. I’m on cycle day 37 and no AF, but I keep getting a BFN the past few days.. so frustrating 
  • Options
    The thing is I have been so bloated since I came off the pill that I actually look a little bit pregnant! But I think it’s because I haven’t received AF! And then another little part of me is like oh but could I be..? It feels to early to test and I’m not sure i would look this bloated so early on even if I was! So confused! X
  • Options
    I am also experiencing ovary pains. Anyone ever experienced this so late in their cycle? 
  • Options
    I don’t know where I am in my cycle which is frustrating but definitely having random pains in both abdomen and back! Back ache is horrible! I never got any of this when on the pill 
  • Options
    Hi everyone

I have been ttc since Christmas. Worried it won't happen for me.

@nish2578 the past 2 months I had spotting before my period which i never had before. I thought it was a sign I'd get a BPF but nooope. So now this is another thing to worry about. I haven't seen a doctor. When is your appointment with gyn?
  • Options
    Ladies has anyone had any little wins today? I don't know about you but when I get a positive ov test on my clearblue digital advanced I feel on top of the world. Feels great to know we're in with a chance at least this month as after miscarriage ovulation hadn't been garenteed each month. Then I start to wonder if I will actually ovulate even with the positive but that's another story!!! At least it's a little win. 
  • Options
    @Sharon88. Its on monday
  • Options
    Hi all! I am brand new here and also brand new to TTC! Excuse me if I don't pick up on the lingo right away (like BFP and BFN... no idea what that means haha). 

SO... I removed my nuvaring in order to get my period in June and did not put it back in as my husband and I wanted to start TTC. We started TTC immediately. 

According to the app I use to track my period and ovulation, I ovulated on June 26th. We were intimate 5 times between June 21st and June 27th.

It is now July 4th which would put me at 8 DPO. This morning I noticed some blood in my CM. Not at much as my regular menstrual cycle but still needed a tampon. This evening when I got in the shower i noticed that my nipples were quite sensitive and tender. My lower back is also quite sore (although I have been walking around Disney World all day for the last few days for our honeymoon) and I've noticed that I look pretty bloated.

According to my app my period is due on July 10th.

What are the chance that I could be pregnant? Could these symptoms just be all in my head? Could these symptoms be just because I recently just stopped the nuvaring? How early is too early to test?!

All I can think about is testing and I feel like I'm going crazy!

Thanks in advance!