Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Stopped mini pill need advise asap

Hi. I'm new to this but I'm driving myself insane. I stopped taking my mini pill 3 weeks ago mid pack after being on it for just over a year. I've had so many symptoms which I know are normal to have. Fatigue, running to the toilet every- what seems like 5 mins, seriously tender nipples and fuller breasts, nausea comes and goes but isn't consistent, the list goes on. I had cramping for a few days at the start of the week. It was very mild and didn't really bother me. But it has since stopped. Still no period. Now my problem is that usually if I miss 1 or 2 pills which hasn't been very often, I would get a very light bleed. This time however, whilst I know it can take a while- I have had nothing. Not even a tiny bit of spotting. No withdrawal bleed, nothing. Everything I read people have at least had their withdrawal bleed then can wait ages for a period. But I haven't had a withdrawal which is what is confusing me. We are ttc but tbh were in no rush so I'm not just clinging to that thought. I'm just confused. We have had unprotected sex a quite a few times over the last few weeks. I have tested this morning and it was negative. I'm just confused. Please tell me someone else has had the same problem.

Replies

• Options
    Does anyone have any similar situations or knowledge about this?  :#
  • Options
    I think you're just going to have to ride it out. Stopping mid pack can be quite a shock to your body, that's probably all the symptoms you're feeling. Eventually everything should settle and you should get your period / a withdrawal bleed. 

There is a chance you ovulated shortly after coming off of it though. If AF hasn't arrived in another 2 weeks I would do another test. But until then I'd just be waiting. If AF still doesn't arrive I'd allow up to 60 days from stopping the pill before going to see a doctor.