Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ttc & mid cycle bleeding

Hi all, 
this is my first post, I hope someone can shed a light on what’s happening to me! I left my pills 3 months ago to ttc (1st cycle had checkups and didn’t try, 2nd cycle I ovulated etc but no pregnancy - cycles were 33days).
According to app flo on the day I should get ready to have intercourse with the fertile period (was so much looking forward for this time of the cycle!), I started spotting brownish that morning (sorry tmi). I read it could be ovulation spotting.. ok. Took the train to come home mid day with my daughter (we were on holiday!) and had to run to buy pads as the bleeding was like period, falling down when in toilet, slightly more liquid compared with periods, but this doesn’t look at all like ovulation spotting:( I confess I got so sad that I started to cry.. I think this month the trying won’t be resulting in anything and I got really frustrated. This lasted 2 days only seems today I have nothing. I have been doing the ov tests around 7pm and they are giving faint line since 4days. What do you think this mid cycle bleeding might be?? Will I still ovulate? I had my period starting 14days before the bleeding, so I’m totally clueless as this is the first time I have mid cycle bleeding! I have no cramps, no breast sore, nothing.. but I am usually not having much signs, only for my periods the breast sore, nothing else during the cycle...
did anyone went through the same?? How did it end up? Thanks a lot!!!

Replies

• Options
    I would guess that your body is still getting the hang of regulating itself and so what you experienced was a 14 day cycle.

If you're worried or had any other pains / symptoms then talk to your GP. But if you're otherwise healthy them I'd just assume you're on a new cycle now.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot curiosity101!
    I read scary things of things it can be (I am 41 even perimenopausa scared me!), but I guess you are right, maybe is getting adjusted after pills, though this never happened before. But to be honest, this doesn’t look like my periods, hence it’s difficult to understand what’s going on. To have a short cycle I should have had ovulated and I haven’t seen any signs of it (always follow the discharge type etc and this time nothing). 
    Thank you!!!