Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can’t tell faint positive or evaporation line and GOING CRAZY

Hey there!
I can be a bit irregular, but I am now on cycle day 40. My cervix is high and soft. I have a couple symptoms, but they could just as well be AF symptoms, so it’s hard to tell. I just took a test (not first morning urine, but mid-morning still) and I can’t tell if it’s an evaporation line or a very faint positive. 

Replies

• Options
    Looks like it could be positive, evaps don’t usually have colour and I can see colour there. Congrats!!! I would wait a couple of day and test again, you’re line should be much darker, Good luck keeping fx for you xxx
  • Options
    Thank you! Fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed! Lol  :p
  • Options
    Yep, i can defenitely colour! I would say it’s positive! Would try again tomorrow or in a few days with first morning urine!
  • Options
    Thanks! I know you’re not supposed to read after 10 min, but I glance again 2 hrs later and it’s like this. 

Definitely going to test again tomorrow morning! 
  • Options
    Good luck but looks pretty positive, congrats again mrs xxx
  • Options
    Hello ladies,

My husband and I have been trying to conceive and I am due af today.
    I had brown discharge (sorry for tmi) on 8dpo and since then have been experiencing very light cramping.

I've had a couple of bfn's on lead up to expected af however tonight I decided to do another and see a very very very faint line (I thought I had line eyes but my husband can see it too).

What do you ladies think? It's more obvious in person and hard to pick up on phone.

Hannah

• Options
    I can almost see a very VERY faint line. I would wait 2-3 days and test again with FMU. I know the wait is the absolute WORST!!! Hang in there! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for replying Em309.
    Yes, as always I have tests at the ready for tomorrow morning 😆
    Congrats on your positive 🙌 can I ask if you are late for af or testing early?
  • Options
    I hope it is a positive! My period can be a bit irregular, and I realized while ttc my first that my cycle is usually a little longer... but this is cycle day 40, so I would be over a week late of the forecasted af start date.
  • Options
    I will keep everything crossed for you to get that strong bfp soon.
    It's so hard when your body doesn't provide us with either an af or a bfp!! Argh I feel like I'm going crazy!
  • Options

Tested again this morning. Darker line, but I’m still terrified it’s an evap! Going to test with First Response. Hopefully that’s more clear!
  • Options
    Looks much darker to me and looks pretty positive. From what I have read most evaps don't have colour so I would say this is your BFP, massive congrats x
  • Options
    edited Jul 23, 2019 10:48AM
    Thank you!!! 😍
  • Options
    congratulations! defo looks positive to me!
  • Options
    Definitely looks positive to me. I’ve 3 kids and all mine were faint lines. Huge congratulations 🎉🎊🎈 
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies!! I’m beyond excited! I did a First Response rest with SMU and that sealed the deal.