Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying for a baby!!

I am 22 and me and my partner want to start trying for a baby, I keep thinking to myself that I can’t conceive because I have never conceived before.i have always had problems with my periods being irregular and not knowing when I’m ovulating i have had scans on my ovaries and everything come back fine I’m so broody and ready to start a family.i have been told and read that folic acid can help get you pregnant but I don’t know if it’s true or not?? Does anyone know if there is anything out there that helps women conceive or if you have taken anything and it has worked? Don’t want to be waiting years to have a baby. Thankyou

Replies

• Options
    Folic acid doesn’t help fertility, it helps prevent deformities like spinal bifida and prevent MC. 

If there was something magic to help get pregnant we would all be on it :) aside from healthy diet, exercise, and water, it’s just hormone treatment.

i have irregular periods and never can tell when I ovulate and I got pregnant our first month trying. Sadly, it ended in a MC.