Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clear Blue Ovulation and doing the deed!

Hi Ladies!!

Quick question...I used the clear blue digital ovulation predictor kit for the first time this month. I had 4 days with a flashing smiley (High fertility) and then the 2 days of peak fertility. Has anyone else tried this kit and if so which days do you do the deed?! 

TIA xx

Replies

• Options
    I didn't use OPKs so just DTD every 2-3 days until I fell pregnant. There's no reason you couldn't do the same. 

You could always DTD every other day on the run up and then every day you have the solid smiley if you want to maximise your chances. Or even every day where you have a flashing or solid smiley. But it might feel like a bit much and take the fun out of it, depends how you both feel.

Also worth noting that each time you DTD in quick succession (ie. Daily) it's likely to be slightly less effective as there is a certain amount of time required for you OHs body to replenish the supply.
  • Options
    I have another thread asking about this but I’ve been using these and the advanced monitor. 2 days ago I had a flashing smiley but later that evening the advanced monitor said low? So yesterday I opened a new digital monitor peed in a pot and used both digital sticks in same pee to see and 1 flashing smile other empty circle? 
  • Options
    Mic86 said:
    I have another thread asking about this but I’ve been using these and the advanced monitor. 2 days ago I had a flashing smiley but later that evening the advanced monitor said low? So yesterday I opened a new digital monitor peed in a pot and used both digital sticks in same pee to see and 1 flashing smile other empty circle? 
    Sounds like you could be right on the edge of not fertile going into fertile time if you're getting both those results. Or you've got dodgy tests, just keep following the instructions and see how things progress. Good luck 🤞
  • Options
    Il do another test today and see, thank you 👍🏻
  • Options
    Thanks for your advise @Curiosity101 Now 5 DPO (if the test was right!) and been feeling a little queasy the last couple of days. Hoping it's the sign of getting a BFP but I'm probably making these symptoms up lol 
  • Options
    @Tor36 I doubt you're making the symptoms up :grin: but I think it probably is a bit early to be reading into them.

Good luck! You may be able to test as soon as 5 days from now, although if you can make yourself wait till 9 days or even till AF is late all the better for being sure about the result.