Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Could I be pregnant?

hi there,
new to this. Would love some advice...

i decided to come off my pull on the 10th july, and had my withdrawal bleed from the 13th-17th july. Me and my partner had sex on the 9th july day before I stopped my pill. And also on the 18th after the withdrawal bleed. Reading online is can take a few months for periods to settle down to normal again but I have no missed my next due period and am 5 days late?

i had twinges and cramps for about 1-2 days around the 22nd July and then nothing. Also had thick white discharge which I’ve never had before around 2nd and 3rd August. Since then I’ve had cramps on and off as if my period is about to start and it hasn’t happened. I’ve felt tired all the time, lower back ache, peeing slightly more often but nothing too bad, more cramps mainly in the evening and mornings, and a slight sicky feeling on and off too.

I have taken a ken a pregnancy test before I was due on my period as I was getting these symptoms but it came back negative?!? Any ideas? Or thoughts?

thanks x 

Replies

• Options
    I would wait another couple of days and take another test. It can take a few cycles for your system to get back to normal x
  • Options
    Okay thanks for the advice I will wait and see a little bit longer. Didn’t know if it was possible to get pregnant as soon as stopping the pill or not? X
  • Options
    I can confirm that you definitely can ovulate within the first few days and weeks after your withdrawal bleed. However theres no guarantee.

Also you cant be sure if you have missed your period yet as you don't know how long your cycle will be. When you're on the pill your cycles / cycle lengths are artificial. Now you're asking your body to regulate it and that can take some time. For example my first cycle from withdrawal bleed - AF arriving was 35 days.

As such you may be testing too early as you cant really know if / when you ovulated unless you used OPKs. I'd recommend testing once a week until either AF arrives or you get a BFP. If this isnt your month and AF does arrive then at least you'll have a starting point for your cycle length which will give you a better idea of when to test next month.

Good luck :grin:

• Options
    Sounds good to me. Will stay patient and hope for either a period or another pregnancy test. Is there one you might recommend or are they all the same? I’ve been using cheap ones and so far negative results. But I’ve read digital ones give much new info etc

thanks again x
  • Options
    Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Aug 16, 2019 4:55PM
    At the end of the day they all do the same job. The main things that vary are, sensitivity, ease of use and price.

If you want to know as early as possible then use an early response test. 

If you want absolutely no question about the result then pick a digital. But remember they aren't very sensitive.

If you want to test regularly without taking out a second mortgage and don't mind waiting a bit longer for your BFP then use the cheaper strip brands.

Personally I used clear blue early detection.
    This was my first positive,

Then 2 days later I confirmed it with the same brand

• Options
    edited Aug 16, 2019 8:06PM

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines

• Options
    Hi everyone, what are you thoughts on this one? I’m worried it’s an evaporation line. Thanks 
  • Options
    Looks to me to be a quite clear line? Although I am new to all this too.

x
  • Options
    Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Aug 16, 2019 7:27PM
    Definitely a positive! Very pink and the same width as the control line! Congratulations 😄
  • Options
    Still feeling all these symptoms so thought I’d try a different pregnancy test this afternoon and negative again...I am 6 days late for my period. Anyone else had any issues?

• Options
    Jess154 said:
    Hi everyone, what are you thoughts on this one? I’m worried it’s an evaporation line. Thanks 
    Looks positive to me! Congratulations xx
  • Options
    If anyone is there with advice it would be appreciated. 

So as before took loads of tests maybe too earlier as all negative. Or wishful thinking whatever but 7 days late for when my usual period would be due (although just come off the pill on the 10th july...) was about to go doctors tomorrow regarding it but then thought woopie period is here when I saw the tiniest bit of pale pink blood with some mucus in my pants and on the tissue when I wiped...this was around 2pm today and then I went for a nap and gone to the loo again expecting more blood as I would usually have and nothing there whatsoever not even when I wiped. Any ideas?

please help.