Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Evap line? Or EXTREMELY faint positive?

I had a dream that I was in the hospital and I found out I was pregnant, so OF COURSE I’m going crazy about it. This is my first time dealing with this, So I was wondering if I’m actually going crazy and this is just an evap line or I’m just very early in my pregnancy and it’s slightly positive? Sorry it’s so blurry, my camera has slight damage.  

Replies

• Options
    It looks like there’s something there but very early. I would wait a couple of days and take another test in the morning. 
  • Options
    Should I try another type of test? I hear bad things about blue dye, but I didn’t know that before I bought it. 
  • Options
    That looks exactly like my first positive. 

I didn't trust it either so I went out and got 2 clear blue early detections instead. The line was much more obvious on the early detection tests. 

Here was my early detection same day as my standard test that looked like yours.

and then 2 days later

• Options
    edited Aug 17, 2019 8:08AM
    Can any one tell me if they think these are positive at all? Reli faint lines I can see going to go dr on Monday to see about a test I’m 8 days late for my period and feel tired, sore back and sick been trying for 9 months and just hope this is finally it! 

• Options
    KozKoz
    edited Aug 17, 2019 8:13AM
    I used the clear blue rapid detection that turns the tip pink, is that not an early detection test? 
  • Options
    Rapid detection means it'll show a line quickly but isn't anymore sensitive to HCG. That is different to early detection that detects a lower level of HCG.
  • Options
    One thing I forgot to mention is that this second line didn’t show up until after the ten minute window, I’ve heard very mixed views on this. Some say that it doesn’t matter and others say it does. 
  • Options
    It definitely matters. You should never read a test outside of the timer window that the instructions say.
  • Options
    Well, is there still a possibility that this is in fact a positive? 
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to say as it was outside of the test window. 

However I would still get yourself an early detection test(s) to check.
  • Options
    Koz said:
    Well, is there still a possibility that this is in fact a positive? 
    You can’t read them after 10 minutes, even your Doctor will tell you that! If there’s no result
    within time scale then it’s invalid