Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I pregnant

Hi! 

I took a test this morning and it had a very faint line, took 2 more since ( couldn't wait, didn't want to get too excited) which have since been negative :( I am now worried it's an evaporation line, is it possible to have a faint false positive from too much urine? 

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Replies

• Options
    Hi
    how many dpo are u?
    im having the same sort of thing too, I done 2 tests before bed last night and very faint lines... same this morning had another 2 faint lines and done another this afternoon, this evening and just now and all nothing in them 😔
    Hopefully it’s just too early for us both!! xx
  • Options
    Second picture is when I first took it and first has just been taken.

• Options
    Hey Nat, not many around 8-9, I hope so I was really excited until I found out about evaporation lines! Hope you get a BFP :)
  • Options
    Your test looks promising, looks like the line has colour too it so doesn’t look like evap! 
    Its probably cos it’s so early and not much hormone yet!! 
    I think I’m about 9dpo too xx
  • Options
    Thank you!  I hope so, just feels better to hear it from someone else. Let me know how you get on? Hopefully it's good for both of us :) x
  • Options
    Type your comment the first and second are last night and bottom one from this morning!xx
  • Options
    Yours are looking promising as well!! I really hope it's just too early. I just have an issue with waiting until taking another test, I get too impatient lol
  • Options
    Ha ha I’m glad it’s not just me feeling impatient in between testing! I wish I could wait until I’m late and then test but I can’t do it 😂 I will update u in the morning, let me know how u get on when u test!! xx
  • Options
    Same haha! Perfect, yes please would love to know. Will do :)
  • Options
    Hey guys, sorry to jump on and don't want to be a kill joy and I really do hope it's your bfp but I have taken a few of the asda £1 ones and always got a false positive, also know a couple of people who have had the same. Wait a few days frankie and maybe try another brand. The first response will be your best bet, fingers crossed and sending baby dust❤❤
  • Options
    Thanks Amy, you maybe right actually. I took a clear blue this morning and it was a BFN :( xx
  • Options
    Hello guys.. I just wanted to share my advice as I was in same situation as you all.. I kept having faint positives for about 4-5 days before af was due, and then I had a clear blue digital bfp 1-2 weeks the day after my period was due, I was around about 8-9 dpo when I got my first positive even thou it was faaaaint, just like those strip tests^ I will attach my tests so you can see, but I’m currently 8 weeks and 1 day! 🤞🏼 
  • Options
    Congratulations!! I hope I'm just being impatient and need to wait a week or so like you did, I'm secretly hoping I am but trying not to get too excited. Best of luck with little one :)
  • Options
    Congratulations!! I hope I'm just being impatient and need to wait a week or so like you did, I'm secretly hoping I am but trying not to get too excited. Best of luck with little one :)
    Just give it a week and if you are pregnant, the lines should be a lot darker! Fingers crossed for you🤞🏼 And thank you hunny🥰
  • Options
    Congratulations Welshgirrl!! 
    I done a clear blue bfn this morning.
    Also done Internet cheapie with another faint line... I feel like af is going to come so not at all hopeful! 
    Hopefully it is just too early for u frankie and give it a bit of time and u will have a nice bfp!!
    Xx
  • Options
    You never know! I spoke with the pharmacy yesterday regarding the test, where I bought it from actually and he said it was super rare for a positive even faint to be wrong so I'm holding out hope for us both! Xx
  • Options
    You never know! I spoke with the pharmacy yesterday regarding the test, where I bought it from actually and he said it was super rare for a positive even faint to be wrong so I'm holding out hope for us both! Xx
    They say a line is a line! And if it’s got colour you’re pregnant, if hcg is in your urine it causes line to change colour x
  • Options
    Nat_ttc#2 said:
    Congratulations Welshgirrl!! 
    I done a clear blue bfn this morning.
    Also done Internet cheapie with another faint line... I feel like af is going to come so not at all hopeful! 
    Hopefully it is just too early for u frankie and give it a bit of time and u will have a nice bfp!!
    Xx
    Thank youuuu😍 I’m so excited x
  • Options
    Hey girls, thought I'd update. Had my AF start today so really upset :( Nat any update on you my love? Xx